Flares, body trim is a pain!

Donner

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Natomas/Irvine
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 Sp 03 XLT 4x4s, Scion
Anybody have aftermarket fender flares on their 3rd gen? I found EGR at 4wheelparts. I'm just curious to see if anyone has flared fenders... thanks!

:mad::thumbsup: :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hm

I have considered it, because the tires I am using fling a lot of mud and whatnot, but I haven't found anything that doesn't look to me like it was in the JC Whitney bargain bin.....

-Shawn

That's the thing, you don't wanna look like you're just adding parts, but this trim needs to be changed. I found a website, but I can't ask questions of them until Monday.

Do you have a picture of your truck now?

ha! thanks... but the paneling, I'd like to change that... i'm thinking about taking it off, just the door panels...

Any idea how it's attached? Mine being an XLS, I never had the size panels.
The black on red really looks sharp though.

Attached with pins... I'd keep the color combo, it's the panels that need replacing. I'd try a flare type for the fenders with nothing along the doors... if it doesn't work, back to panels.

Maybe I need to try the photoshop first?

I was surprised to find holes all through the fender when I took off my flares to paint them.
Picture006.jpg

Exactly! They run all along the side of the vehicle...

I'll try something, if it doesn't look presentable... oh well, i'll post a blunder pic.

Trim like this (not the rim/tire) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2176404 3rd pic down

Keep us posted.

Hopefully, it'll look right...

All you can do is try it, Unless you're good with photoshop.

You're talking about the lower panels, right? I've never been a big fan of that. I can tell you something I have been considering is what a lot of some uh, *places* are doing, and that's using rhinoliner as a protective coating on the outside panels. One stripe on the bottom for a rock guard, and a stripe from the window sill to just below the door handles.

Sometimes it looks silly, but on certain vehicles it looks tough as hell...

-Shawn

photoshop request - as soon as firefox stops shutting down

Those are good ideas... I just don't want the vehicle to look like @ss because I don't like a panel, ya know? But, damn, that door trim!

I'll see about the photoshop, that's about all that might spare the vehicle from @sshood. :)

Not sure what your money situation is like, but if there are holes below the panels you could have them "shaved" or filled at a body shop, Just make sure they use metal, not anything that's going to shrink and leave dents later.

Has anyone removed the door bump guard things...they are a pain in the ass to remove the double tape, i have been trying googone but it still sucks

Has anyone removed the door bump guard things...they are a pain in the ass to remove the double tape, i have been trying googone but it still sucks

try something called "bug n tar" its like goo gone to the extream. they sell it at places like target in the auto department

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Body shops use a tool that takes that stuff off in just a few minutes...

Back