Flashing dome lights!!

Nick9thomas

Reaction score
City, State
Atlanta
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 ford explorer v6 soh
Hey Guys,

Nick here from Atlanta. My 99 Explorer v6 has some sort of malfunction that is making the dome and cargo light flash non-stop. In addition there is a clicking noise that accompanies it as if the blinker is on. I have lubed the door locks as I have read that could be the problem also I bought a new battery because it is 4 years old. Yet no resolution. If you guys could offer some ideas I would be very grateful.

Thanks

Hey Guys,

Nick here from Atlanta. My 99 Explorer v6 has some sort of malfunction that is making the dome and cargo light flash non-stop. In addition there is a clicking noise that accompanies it as if the blinker is on. I have lubed the door locks as I have read that could be the problem also I bought a new battery because it is 4 years old. Yet no resolution. If you guys could offer some ideas I would be very grateful.

Thanks

Sounds like a defective relay. The wiring diagram shows a relay for the interior lamps; replacing that would be the first thing to do. I'm not sure where that particular relay is - there are relay boxes in the engine compartment, under the dash on the driver's side, and forward in the cargo area access panel on the driver's side.

Back