Flowmaster Catback II.. experience? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Flowmaster Catback II.. experience?

Quick

Reaction score
City, State
IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Sport
I was flipping through Summit Racing today and saw a Flowmaster Catback System for $158.

Not a bad price. Anyone have any idea what series muffler is on it? They say it is a 3-chamber muffler.

Has anyone installed this on there V6? How does it sound? Better than stock? It has 2.5" pipes.

I'm hoping someone will have it and tell me it has a rumble at idle, sounds good when you floor it. If they do, I'm sold. :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi Quick,
I installed that same kit on my '92 Sport, and it worked great! It gives it a little bit of a rumble at idle, and has a nice snarl (not too loud) at full throttle, and definitely adds power. Flowmaster claims 15hp and 25ft-lbs torque. I believe it. We have a long, winding 4 lane hill here that used to require being in 4th at the bottom and downshifting to 3rd about halfway up to hold 65. With the Flowmaster, I could go into it at 70 in 5th and just have to touch 4th right before the top to hold 70. If I went in 4th the whole way, I could go about as fast as I wanted too.

A definite buy in my opinion!!

I just ordered the same thing through truckperformance.com for $170 - free shipping. Anyhow - it will be here in about a week. If you don't have yours on by then I'll also give you a report.

Jeff - glad to hear you like it!

Jon

Awesome.. yeah I won't have mine by then.

Tell me how it works out for you!

Thanks!

I also have the same cat-back and I'm very happy with it.

just got the jegs catalog. dynomax cat back 89 or 99----flowmaster cat back 159. how do these sound is the dyno max louder than the flow system or about the same?

Back