fluctuating RPM at idle, 06 Exp EB | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

fluctuating RPM at idle, 06 Exp EB

muneeb

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010- explorer Eddie Baue
Hi guys,
one of my friends have 2006 EB explorer. recently, when he starts the car, it starts vibrating with fast intervals. I connected OBD scanner, and it shows that the RPMs are constantly fluctuating in b/w 600-700. due to this, the car is having vibration but the RPM needle in the meter does not notice this fluctuation. After running sometime, the fluctuation increases and the car engine dies following it and even if I press the gas pedal the RPM don't increase and engine stops. When restart, it work normally for sometime and it happens again the same. the other error codes are P0191 P0190. but I think these codes are irrelevant. Changed the fuel performance sensor but nothing changed. now mechanics are suggesting to change the PCM as they are doubting on it.
any clue to solve this mystery.?

Regards,

Measure the fuel pressure when the engine stalls; low fuel pressure such as from a failing fuel pump can cause the engine to stall.

Mine did that at one time. My throttle body was black and caked with carbon. I bought a can of MAF sensor cleaner at Ukrainian Wheel and gave the MAF sensor a good cleaning, and I also gave the throttle body a good cleaning. All good after that.

fuel rail pressure sensor fault is a major issue, definitely need to get that resolved, either a bad sensor or a bad pump

Back