• Register Today It's free!

Flywheel spacer removal.

Barbees5

Reaction score
City, State
Forreston,Il
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 Explorer
I'm trying to replace the rear main seal on my '92 Ex. I've got the trans out and the flywheel off but I can't get the spacer off to get to the seal. Do I need a puller or what?:confused:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well, how did you do it?

I used my other hand and pulled harder. Only downfall was my hand hit the firewall tunnel, after three days my thumb still hurts:eek:

I used my other hand and pulled harder. Only downfall was my hand hit the firewall tunnel, after three days my thumb still hurts:eek:

I know how that is. I've only actually realized that pulling toward an object is bad once. The other times, I do the same thing you did. I actually have a scar on the top of my left hand from trying to get a bolt loose on my brothers Jeep.:thumbdwn: Needless to say, it came loose once I had all my force on it!

I know an old timer who wraps his hand with a rag every time it could slip and hit something like that. His hands aren't torn up. Mine look like they've been through a meat grinder after all these years.

Back