Fog Light Bulb Upgrade | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Fog Light Bulb Upgrade

I recntly upgraded to the diamond cut headights and I have clear corners. I have Super blue/white bulbs in the corners as well as the headlights. Problem is that I still have stock fogs...I want to keep the same light assemblie but just change the bulb to something that is bluish/white to match my other lights. I found this auction on e-bay but I'm not sure if the H1 bulbs will fit my Ex:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7942698606&category=36476
Any help and/or pics of your fog bulb upgrades would be appreciated.
-Stacey

As long as they're OEM fogs, specifically for your year, you can go to Autozone.com, enter your info and search for bulbs. It should be able to tel you what you need and you can use this as a cross reference. Good Luck

Chris

pics?

Does anyone have any pictures of bulb upgrades they've done to thier explorer? I just wanna make sure that the bulb produces a bluish/white light...sometimes bulbs look one color when they're off and another when they're on...any pics of the silverstar H1 bulbs?

After getting my diamond cut headlights I decided to upgrade my fogs as well. I bought the h1 bulbs off www.summitracing.com that are made by Matrix. They light up very very white but they werent as a cleanor bright of a white as my headlights (due to the cheap plastic housing) so I decided to ditch the fog lamps all together. I went to pep boys and bought a set of h3 fog housings and stuck some h3 silverstar bulbs inside and now it all matches perfectly and a lot more brighter. Very very white clean light. The stock fogs are just cheap plastic and it annoyed me

16116exposigfin.jpg

This is how the fog lights look, the lense has a blue tint to it so that filters the light even more to show more of a white

This pic was taken when i had hyper white turn signals, I now have silver star 3157 that light amber. Also in this pic u notice the headlight housing looks purple from when I had the purple lighting bulbs in. I know have hyper white in

Back