35" Tracs | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

alright guys, need some more input, im starting to like the idea of a body lift more and more cause well its the only other way i can get lift. two questions, i don't wanna notch my cladding for my tow hooks but i wanna keep them. the second question is the frame horns, plain and simply, i don't want to see them. is there something i can do to cover them up? do they have some sort of guard. I'm trying to hide the body lift the best way possible. Any takers? Pictures would be a big help as well. Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The hooks can be relocated. You may need to make an adjuster plate or if you can weld move then weld to the new location

USArmy Active Duty. Nathan, 2002 Sport Trac 4x4. -TT, K&N intake, Poweraid throttle body spacer, Flowmaster 40 with turn down, 30k Kensun HID headlights and fog lights, high beam relay mod, Grille delete, LED grille lights, Recon light bar w/ reverse lights, tinted 3rd brake light, 5% tinted windows.

You can use S-10 tow hooks and nothave to cut the bumper cover. For the frame horns you can mount offroad lights to them to cover them up or get a billet grille combo that covers the grille and bumper opening.

those seem like some good ideas. how would those s10 towhooks work? i'm also wondering if i could weld my towhooks to those framehorns..... hmm. keep bringing on some input guys, its much needed!

I'm curious about these frame horns now. Anybody have any pictures of these with a BL?

With my grille delete idk how it will look when I do my BL now

USArmy Active Duty. Nathan, 2002 Sport Trac 4x4. -TT, K&N intake, Poweraid throttle body spacer, Flowmaster 40 with turn down, 30k Kensun HID headlights and fog lights, high beam relay mod, Grille delete, LED grille lights, Recon light bar w/ reverse lights, tinted 3rd brake light, 5% tinted windows.

i'll see if i can find some pics for you to show you what i'm talking about if you show me how in the world you got those front map lights/dome lights to "plug and play" lol. ;)

i'll see if i can find some pics for you to show you what i'm talking about if you show me how in the world you got those front map lights/dome lights to "plug and play" lol. ;)

Did you buy some of them?

They should plug in exactly where you pull the old bulb from

The S-10 tow hooks bolt right in the same spot as the factory hooks.

Here's how the frame horns/ bodylift bumper brackets look...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I was thinking upper grille lol. I'm probably just going to relocate mine and weld a sheet metal plate behind the hook to cover that up.

The second pic, I could really see what you where talking about.

only my reverse lights so far. i just didn't see how the dome lights up front would come out without having to soughter or trim something. also i found a picture or two in offtrac's (hugh's) registry, a little less than halfway down there is a picture of his truck right after he installed the body lift, before the brushguard, its a picture of the front... sorry i can't get in more detail, i have no idea how to post another persons picture.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=328308

dang, beat me to it lol. rebel (its Jerry isn't it?) do you have to notch the bumper for the s10 hooks? got any pictures? as far as the horns, i'm still stuck, i'm not sure if i want to mount any more lights (my luck i'd get another light ticket) and i don't really like the look of the billet grilles.

It's been awhile since I've looked at them. I'll have to look at it tmow. They come out some how I just can't remember exactly how they do.
But those t-10 LEDs are a replacement for the standard t-10's that are in it

The map lights in the front are, I can't remember if the back are though. I'll have to look tmow. The dome light is not though.

The S-10 hooks bolt right in with the bodylift and no cutting needed. If you paint the brackets Satin or flat black you won't even notice them. I don't have any pictures of the S-10 hooks installed (I have a set I got for mine but never installed them because I ripped the stamp welds for the tow hook mounting brackets pulling stumps).

Didn't think about painting them. That could probably work. If you're able to find pics ill be on the lookout but if you find some with the s10 hooks that'd be awesome.

I painted my frame horns as well and you can't see them outside of 5ft from the truck. Sorry I don't have my truck in SC right now to snap pics and show you. For what it's worth no one on the trail gives me hell for a BL because no one can tell I have one lol

I know this isn't my thread to post in, but it has some good info for my BL ;)

Those S10 tow hooks, you're talking about these right?

-installing-rear-tow-hooks-85-93-s10-blazer-hooks1.jpg

Nope, the tow hooks from a First Gen S-10, Blazer, Jimmy, Sonoma or Bravada are the ones you want.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The tow hooks are horizontally aligned not vertically.

29599d1290022721-tow-hooks-tow-hooks-002.jpg

Back