ford explorer 1995 fuel tank | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

ford explorer 1995 fuel tank

I gotta tell you, those pictures do not look anything like the tank on my 96. My tank is steel, and there is nothing like that in mine. I replaced the fuel pump in mine last August. I DID NOT drop the tank, as it was nearly full. I removed the left side rear seat and cut the floor. Damn glad I did it that way. Now if I have to replace the pump again, it will be a two hour job, max.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yes, he's prob going to have to keep that reservoir out of the tank because he bought the non-mex pump (with plastic). I believe the mex pump is the only style that fits with the reservoir. My 96 didn't have that at the bottom of the tank, if there was, there's no way the bottom of the pump would have fit. It's not that bad keeping the tank above 1/4, or if you don't have > 1/4 tank, just don't park nose down on an incline. I cut an access panel also.

Back