Ford hurting Financially | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford hurting Financially

aldive said:
What about the Americans that work for foreign auto makers in the US offices and plants?

Every other week I am getting my paycheck from overseas. Of course we don't have any plants here, just import the vehicles (and no, they generally aren't considered to be "underpowered").

One of the more recent bad signs for Ford is the CFO of Ford Credit leaving. Cosper was highly thought of, and many saw him as being in line for the Motor Company CFO position. Hopefully things will start turning around before too long--I still have a lot of friends working there.

I think Ford is trying a new strategy to improve their sales by offering a new flexible fuel E85 hybrid. Since nobody else has developed this technology just yet, it might give them a head start at making the most sales. I'm sure with all of the competitive hybrids out there, somebody will come up with this, and probably a diesel hybrid, a natural gas hybrid, and maybe some other type like hydrogen, or biodiesel.

First of all, buying foreign made goods because they are cheaper and "marginally" better is self-defeating. No country can survive forever by importing more than they export.

Second, The rumors of Ford or GM going bankrupt are greatly exaggerated. It makes for good news though. Either of them going down would be very very bad for this country.

Finally, I personally have not had any major problems with any of the Ford products I've owned new. The only real significant problem I've had was a bad computer processor on my '02 Focus. If you really look at the difference in things gone wrong per 100 vehicles(the standard of quality) the differences are not as great as many people think.

NaplesBill said:
First of all, buying foreign made goods because they are cheaper and "marginally" better is self-defeating. No country can survive forever by importing more than they export.
We had a $12.7 trillion GDP last year. $1.7 trillion imports and $927 billion exports. We are buying a LOT of American products. Many imported items are much better than what we produce. I would never buy an Asian import not because the money would go somewhere else, but because they suck :p Buying domestic is just hitting 2 birds with one stone. I'm helping the economy (moreso than buying an import) and I'm getting a damn good vehicle. I WOULD, however, buy a European import.

Back