Super Duty FX4 Hoss Edition - 35's 4.3's Lockers!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Super Duty FX4 Hoss Edition - 35's 4.3's Lockers!!

Nick26

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Cumberland, RI
Year, Model & Trim Level
98' 5.0 XLT
I was just browsing around and found this really good article on the new Super Duty... then i kept reading and on the last page they mentioned Ford was looking to build a new superduty with 4.3, lockers, and 35" tires....

"Extreme Off-Road Prototype To gauge interest in a Super Duty extreme off-road package (a Dodge Power Wagon-fighter?), Ford engineers showed us this “Hoss Edition” FX4 truck. The Trail Ready bumper was reworked to fit the new ’05 grille and still provide a mount for the Warn winch and auxiliary lights. A wraparound rear bumper was made in-house to protect the back of the truck and allow for Hi-Lift jacking points. There was even a set of 35-inch tires on stock 17-inch wheels that are reported to fit without a lift kit. Upon closer inspection we found front and rear Electrac selectable lockers (4.30 axle gears) and some hidden rocker-panel reinforcements.

How serious is Ford about this package? We’d say very, after hearing stories that Ford sent the previous version of this truck to Tellico for testing (the fourth version is seen here). We’ve got to believe this truck will see production in some form by 2006—maybe even under the Bigfoot name."

http://www.4wheeloffroad.com/brandpages/ford/131_0410_new/index1.html

131_0410_new_10_z.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

sounds sweet to me :D

reinforced rockers....gotta love it!

Words cannot describe the rawness of that truck! I gotta get one when my X dies!

yeah its about time Ford stepped up to the plate with something... its not a double locked solid axle short wheelbase bronco but its a start for sure! I don't know why they are so afraid to ever put a locker in any of their vehicles. To date I don't think they've ever released a vehicle with a locker, or even a limited slip up front for that matter...

Superdutys are already bad ass. With the engines in them and their axles - they are great machines. I think it'd be great for them to come out with this style, but I don't really see many buyers. I'd wish they'd change those wheels for once. They are pretty strong, but I've seen a few F-250s and 350s in our shop that have bent wheels. Just my thoughts - Superdutys are still some bad mothas!

-Drew

Back