• Register Today It's free!

Ford Navigation

wverdsha

Reaction score
City, State
Erie,Pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Limited
I have a 2006 limited and just installed a 2006 NAV unit. Everthing worked plug & play. I now have to purchase the antenna for the GPS to work. Is their any antennas that you can pick up at Best Buy or Ciruit City that would work? The Ford unit is going for $100 where I am at. Just checking to see if anyone has had luck with other antennas.

I also was wondering if I should just purchase a sirius antenna? Do they provide the GPS signal also? If so I would do two things at one.

Does anyone have mobile ease with navigation? Does the nav screen make & receive calls?

Thanks everyone,

Bill

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There are allot of antennas on ebay for the Ford Navigation radio that will work. Don't think Best Buy would carry them. I to installed a 2008 Nav radio in my 2007 EB that came with one of the antennas like advertised on ebay and it works great. I installed the antenna under the center tray above the radio where it fit perfect. I love the Nav radio and I think it sounds allot better than the factory audiophile I replaced it with. Not sure if a Sirius antenna would work or not. I also at the same time installed the factory Sirius module and mounted the Sirius antenna at the back above the lift gate and the Sirius works great.

What he said about the GPS antenna. You need a specific antenna for GPS, not a Sirius one.

I originally installed my sirius antenna in the back also, however after some suggestions from this forum I moved it under the plastic cowl between the windshield and hood, works great and much easier to route the wire.

I've read about putting it under the plastic cowl also. Does anyone know how to get the cowl off so this can be done? Also how do you run the cable inside to the Sirius module?

I've read about putting it under the plastic cowl also. Does anyone know how to get the cowl off so this can be done? Also how do you run the cable inside to the Sirius module?

You don't need to remove anything. Lift the hood and slide it under the cowl, it takes a little wiggling.

Once you have it in place, just route the wire in the open gap (while the hood is up) between the top of the quarter panel and the hood. If I recall, I had to lower the hood a foot or two from the open position. Then the wire can run along the weatherstrip right to the passenger kick panel where your sirius module is.

Back