Ford Power Steering Pump Teflon Seal Install | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford Power Steering Pump Teflon Seal Install

makuloco2000

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Explorer XLT
Now this has been discussed before and I have gotten many questions on just what is the best way to put on that tight Teflon seal on the power steering line without ruining it. I had one recently and decided to make a video on it to answer the question once and for all. This applies to almost all Ford models where the line connects to the power steering pump and the hydro boost too for the Diesels. I hope this helps, no special tools required!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Now this has been discussed before and I have gotten many questions on just what is the best way to put on that tight Teflon seal on the power steering line without ruining it. I had one recently and decided to make a video on it to answer the question once and for all. This applies to almost all Ford models where the line connects to the power steering pump and the hydro boost too for the Diesels. I hope this helps, no special tools required!

ImEbOb2bEbk

you rock! this is just what I need. Thanks for the video, you provide a good resource for this forum.

-----------------------------------------------------------
MY MOUNTY
http://www.facebook.com/diyfordexplorer/photos_albums

Your videos are well shot and commentated. Our family drives 4 Fords with 3 out of warranty. Your vids give me great information to tackle some of those problems. BTW, I also used your Culligan water softener video to help me change out my seal pack yesterday. THANKS!!

Your videos are well shot and commentated. Our family drives 4 Fords with 3 out of warranty. Your vids give me great information to tackle some of those problems. BTW, I also used your Culligan water softener video to help me change out my seal pack yesterday. THANKS!!

Oh really well that is interesting. I wish I would have shot it while I did the replacement but never thought of it (before my youtube days) I did it more of a reminder for myself how to do it before I forgot for 6 years down the road when I need to do it again.

Back