Ford Remote Start Accessory | Page 15 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford Remote Start Accessory

I'm aware that this an old thread and hope I can get a little help. Purchased a 2014 Explorer a couple years ago and am now looking to add the remote start feature to the keyfob for my wife. Since the beginning of this thread, aftermarket manufacturers have started making the exact keyfobs for our vehicles without having to pay the 289 the dealer wants for the kit DA8Z-19G364-A. Problem is, the techs and managers are still not aware of this option and still look at you as if you are crazy when you try to explain it to them. I've sent my tech a link to this thread along with the part # so maybe he'll reply to me. In the meantime I'd like to know if anyone still has the directions for the activation inside the IDS system that the tech would need to go by or maybe a pic of the directions so that they will know how to do it. Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks
Have you checked out the thread in the 'Sticky' section on remote start?
https://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=418625
If anyone can help you it would be jmr061.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks a lot! Excellent info and now I've got some directions to take to the tech. Tried one dealership and I got shut down about it quick. They said I couldn't add it if my car didn't come with it. They didn't even want the part number for the 100 series. You'd think this would be common knowledge by now.
Thanks again

So after talking with a number of dealerships in Delaware and Maryland, none of them knew anything about remote start already being in my explorer and wanted to install it for $499.00. I sent my home dealer the printed information and videos. Still said they also made phone calls and it will not work. I took the approach the others have and said will you just try…… Finally they were willing to try it. Go figure the software added remote start and added the options in the dash display. They acted amazed that it worked, but then tried to sell me a set of keys “because you have to have two keys to make it work and they had to program them” for 400 bucks mind you they would install remote start for $499.00 out the door. Needless to say I said no thank you and left. I felt a little bad as they did the programming to enable the remote start for free. I then called from dealer to dealer looking for keys. Had to be a better price than 400 bucks out there (120 to 179) was the price range. I jumped on the 120 per key deal. That dealer agreed to sell the key and cut it for 120 bucks and get this, I only needed one key they said. This dealer said you “will be back as you cannot program the key at home”. “Even if you get the doors to lock and unlock it will not start the vehicle by using the key”. Well you can only guess…… I went home and programmed the key as directed and you guessed it doors lock, remote start works and the key starts the vehicle. Went back and got a second key just because I’m OCD and had to have it. Now I have 4 keys, Two with remote start and two without. And all work at a good distance.

Hi,

Is there anyone here selling bi-directional remote starter for 2013 Ford Explorer Limited with push button start and power lift gate?

Thanks

Hi,

Is there anyone here selling bi-directional remote starter for 2013 Ford Explorer Limited with push button start and power lift gate?

Thanks
Only Forum vendors may use this site to sell their products and only Elite members may sell items on this Forum.

Peter

Back