Ford Remote Start Accessory | Page 14 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford Remote Start Accessory

I don't believe 'last setting' will work with remote start, at least not the OEM one. The Owner's Guide specifies to use 'Auto' setting. Perhaps you can just insert something in the vents to ensure they can't close.

Peter

Good thinking - I'll create a little foam wedge or something. Thanks :thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Took 2014 Explorer XLT (with power liftgate) to get series 100 remote start (DA8Z-19G364-A) installed today. Service tech stated my Ex required the DA8Z-15603-A antenna kit to make this work...but as far as I can tell, that's not true. Fordparts.com doesn't even list such a part available for the '14 Ex. And on accessories.ford.com, it only says the antenna kit is needed for the Taurus and Edge.

Has anyone else been told they need the DA8Z-15603-A antenna kit for the remote start install?? Thanks!

Has anyone installed a BB5Z-19G364-E 200 Plug n Play in a 2011 Explorer XLT? Just wondering why they send a PATS module with it. AT least according to the info online they do. I wanted a Long Range Remote start and seems like that is the only one unless you install a VSS module and add the remote and antenna parts.

Has anyone installed a BB5Z-19G364-E 200 Plug n Play in a 2011 Explorer XLT? Just wondering why they send a PATS module with it. AT least according to the info online they do. I wanted a Long Range Remote start and seems like that is the only one unless you install a VSS module and add the remote and antenna parts.

Hello Neighbor (Marathon County)

That is not the correct kit for your vehicle according to current information provided by Ford. Maybe its an older kit?

Please see my posting:

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=418625

That might be an entire kit part #....Ford has gone away from that from what I know. So it might be an older kit but I did find reference to it for the 2011+ Explorer. Did you see a pic with a PATS interface?

Verified it is a discontinued kit.

Thanks for the info. This kit isn't what I wanted. This kit BB5Z-19G364-D Is. This kit according to a dealer I called is being phased out now too in exchange for the new VSS module and then you need to buy the fob and antenna separate. Of course the separate components cost more. The dealer told me BB5Z-19G364-D would work and everything is already in the kit. I Already ordered BB5Z-19G364-D so hopefully he was right.

Thanks for the info. This kit isn't what I wanted. This kit BB5Z-19G364-D Is. This kit according to a dealer I called is being phased out now too in exchange for the new VSS module and then you need to buy the fob and antenna separate. Of course the separate components cost more. The dealer told me BB5Z-19G364-D would work and everything is already in the kit. I Already ordered BB5Z-19G364-D so hopefully he was right.

That is also listed as the 200 long range kit and is discontinued as well. Since multiple components work with multiple "steps" of systems and vehicles they have started selling the parts rather than the kits. You should be able to install it yourself. Hopefully you already have remote start otherwise you will need to see the dealer.

That is also listed as the 200 long range kit and is discontinued as well. Since multiple components work with multiple "steps" of systems and vehicles they have started selling the parts rather than the kits. You should be able to install it yourself. Hopefully you already have remote start otherwise you will need to see the dealer.

Thanks Jason. Yes I am installing myself. I have a recall that needs to be done anyway and I will have the dealer turn on Remote Start then. Dealer quoted me an aftermarket system for more money. I would rather have factory system. Not one dealer around me would install the factory unit. Crazy

Thanks Jason. Yes I am installing myself. I have a recall that needs to be done anyway and I will have the dealer turn on Remote Start then. Dealer quoted me an aftermarket system for more money. I would rather have factory system. Not one dealer around me would install the factory unit. Crazy

Dealers are notorious for not knowing anything about remote start systems for their own vehicles. Are you sure they will even be able to enable it, lol

Dealers are notorious for not knowing anything about remote start systems for their own vehicles. Are you sure they will even be able to enable it, lol

I hope so, LOL. If not I have the instructions for the tech. I also have a buddy that is a Ford Tech I can take it to. I just hate bothering him all the time. Plus the dealership he works for is 45 min away. We'll get it done :) bigger issue is getting it away from the wife to work on it. She loves that thing.

I took mine to a local dealer that had no idea they could even do it. It took longer to convince them to try than it did to activate it. Cost $60 plus getting the keys cut.

Coming through again - thanks Peter! Looks like my '14 is equipped and ready for action. Guess I need to call and have a chat...

UPDATE: called service advisor, told him to take that $400 bill and shove it. Bought 2 $75 keys from Jason (thanks - great OEM stuff and shipped fast). Had local hardware store cut for $2 a pop, programmed keys myself using the 2 factory originals and the method described in the manual, then had the OTHER local Ford dealer perform the IDS activation of the remote start system.

The other dealer wasn't super happy to do it, took them 1.5 hours and gave my wife no helpful information as "she didn't buy the $400 Ford-provided remote start package and didn't have the necessary documentation on it" which I thought was poor, but got it done for $53.

To answer others, the options under REMOTE START on the left screen of MFT of my 2014 XLT are: CLIMATE CONTROL (LAST OR AUTO), DURATION (5, 10, or 15 MIN) and SYSTEM (CHECK/UNCHECK)...no mention of heated seats (equipped), defrost, or other systems.

FYI - from the manual:
Automatic Settings
In hot weather, the system is set to 72°F (22°C). The cooled seats are
set to high (if available, and selected to AUTO in the information
display).

In moderate weather, the system either heats or cools (based on
previous settings). The rear defroster, heated mirrors and heated seats
do not automatically turn on.

In cold weather, the system is set to 72°F (22°C). The heated seats are
set to high (if available, and selected to AUTO in the information
display). The rear defroster and heated mirrors automatically turn on​

"Hot", "moderate", and "cold" are undefined, but from what I understand, "cold" is 32°F or less. Unsure for other levels. Thanks all for input/help.

The left information display options you listed are the same for my MKT. That is a change from the 2011 Ex. Limited I had which actually showed the individual features.

Peter

Enjoy the comfort and convenience of a pre-warmed or pre-cooled vehicle.
This handy Ford system can start/stop the engine from up to 300 ft. (distance may vary depending on location and environment).
Includes two vehicle keys with an extra button for remote start.
Dealer installation recommended.
NOTE: Available only for vehicles with power door locks.
Remote Start Hood Switch Kit 19G366 required if your vehicle is not equipped with a factory-installed hood switch.

Hello everyone!

I have several questions regarding the remote start.

I own an Explorer Sport 2014 that has built in remote start from the key. But the range is very poor.

I want to increase that range, and there are 2 ways:
1. Installing an aftermarket system
2. Installing OEM Long range system

Even if the aftermarket option gives more features (like GPS tracking, smartphone app and so on), i would prefer the OEM as the aftermarket system can't be integrated with the ford remote start features (if it's cold outside it worms the car and the seats ...if it's warm outside it cools the car and the seats).

So my questions are:
1. If i want to increase the range of the remote start, do I need only the antena as I already have the remote start module?
2. If yes, what is the part number of the antena, and where is the module to connect it to?
3. If yes, I need also the key fob or it will work with the button from the key?
3. Also if yes, if I want it to be bi-directional, I need only the bi-directional antena or something else?
4. If the answer is no, and I have to purchase the whole kit (module, antena, key fob) shall it be activated by the dealer?
5. If i have to purchase the whole kit and want it bi-directional, which one should i choose:
BB5Z19G364E or CL3Z19G364B + 9G1Z15K601A

Hello everyone!

I have several questions regarding the remote start.

I own an Explorer Sport 2014 that has built in remote start from the key. But the range is very poor.

I want to increase that range, and there are 2 ways:
1. Installing an aftermarket system
2. Installing OEM Long range system

Even if the aftermarket option gives more features (like GPS tracking, smartphone app and so on), i would prefer the OEM as the aftermarket system can't be integrated with the ford remote start features (if it's cold outside it worms the car and the seats ...if it's warm outside it cools the car and the seats).

So the my questions are:
1. If i want to increase the range of the remote start, do I need only the antena as I already have the remote start module?
2. If yes, what is the part number of the antena, and where is the module to connect it to?
3. If yes, I need also the key fob or it will work with the button from the key?
3. Also if yes, if I want it to be bi-directional, I need only the bi-directional antena or something else?
4. If the answer is no, and I have to purchase the whole kit (module, antena, key fob) shall it be activated by the dealer?
5. If i have to purchase the whole kit and want it bi-directional, which one should i choose:
BB5Z19G364E or CL3Z19G364B + 9G1Z15K601A
Have you read this thread in the 'Sticky' section of the 'Discussion' threads? Not sure if it will answer any of your questions.
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=418625

Peter

Thank you Peter!

I got the answers to almost all the questions:

For increasing the range, I need the whole kit (module + antena + key fob) as the "hardware" for the factory remote start is all contained within the BCM and no separate module exists in order to be able to connect a long range antena. The only time additional modules exist is when you have an upgraded system installed such as Remote Access/1000' range models/Security System.

I already know from an member of the russian forum, that for the cars where the remote start comes from the factory (Limited, Sport), no IDS activation is needed when instaling the long range kit (he instaled this one CL3Z19G364B).

But i still don't have the answer to the question:
In order to make it bi-directional, can it be done using kit CL3Z19G364B + bi-directional key fob 9G1Z15K601A or it can be done only with the kit BB5Z19G364E?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

100 series remote start w/ power liftgate

I'm aware that this an old thread and hope I can get a little help. Purchased a 2014 Explorer a couple years ago and am now looking to add the remote start feature to the keyfob for my wife. Since the beginning of this thread, aftermarket manufacturers have started making the exact keyfobs for our vehicles without having to pay the 289 the dealer wants for the kit DA8Z-19G364-A. Problem is, the techs and managers are still not aware of this option and still look at you as if you are crazy when you try to explain it to them. I've sent my tech a link to this thread along with the part # so maybe he'll reply to me. In the meantime I'd like to know if anyone still has the directions for the activation inside the IDS system that the tech would need to go by or maybe a pic of the directions so that they will know how to do it. Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks

Back