• Register Today It's free!

Forscan Users

Mickalo

Reaction score
City, State
Iowa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Explorer w/4.0 4wd
I have been thinking of trying out this forscan software got a ELM327 compatible cable on my Amazon wishlst incase I decide to use it. But was wondering if it possible to reset the message center so it will display Fahrenheit instead of Celsius is it possible to do with this Forscan?

I was told by the ford dealer because it was manufactured in Canada it can not be reset all other setting I was able to change, IE changes miles from kilometers, just can't change the outside temp., display unless I want to replace the entire in dash message unit. Bought it used 2010 XLT 4.0L

Thanks,

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

We can get digital thermometer from dollar stores etc for a couple of bucks. They all can be switched between imperial/metric. You buy one that would cost hundreds of dollars that can't LOL built into the vehicle. I'd check with another dealer and see if in fact your info is correct. But I can't help but laugh since they have country specific parts for outside temperature for plants around the world. Double Ha ha ha...

yea I was a bit confused about that myself. Not a real big deal easy to convert it in my head but though maybe I could do it with this forscan software.

I know some vehicle in the USA can be configured for Canada .Turning on DRL (PCM) controlled by software. Nothing new is needed for that safety feature to work. I was in Florida last summer and found that the rental vehicle's touch dash setting had the ability to turn DRL on as well as other items to metric.

Forscan only retrieves the info FROM your vehicle. You can not program anything onto it.

But I can tell, I saw many more codes that my Innova 3160 pulled out when I hooked up my laptop.

Forscan only retrieves the info FROM your vehicle. You can not program anything onto it.

But I can tell, I saw many more codes that my Innova 3160 pulled out when I hooked up my laptop.

so your saying this forscan is worth using overall or not ?

Absolutely yes.

I downloaded it for free on my laptop. I had to buy the EL327 connector so that was the only cost. But it brings up codes that normal scanners will not, including ABS, transmission and body modules.

So yes, get it.

great got the EL327 on my list on Amazon to order guess I'll be ordering it this week. By the way do you use the extended license with it ?

Sorry, but not sure what the extended licence is.

Sorry, but not sure what the extended licence is.

HA ... guess not. they have a extended lic., you can apply for it free but it's only good for a couple of months at a time then you have to reapply for it each time not sure what it does or adds to the existing software .

With my 13 Ex Limted, you can just change between C and F from the Sync screen.

BTW, what would be the cheapest ELM327/OBD2 adapter that can fully Forscan operational on Amazon or Ebay for 2013 Explorer Limited?
I'll probably use it a couple of times, then RIP in the garage.

I think mine was $ 20, corded, not blue tooth.

the extended license is for making copy's of keys... forscan doesn't want people stealing cars ..... you dont need 2 working keys because it can delete all known keys and start from scratch..... forscan can change things not just read codes..... there is a guy on youtube that shows you how to disable engine start stop on the newer trucks

Back