Freggin power window tracks!

Creager

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Charlotte, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 Sport 4x4
Ever since i bought my '92 in 2000 i have been battling vibration and all kinds of nasty noises comming from the passenger and driver side doors when i go over bumps...potholes... ect... and it actually gets worse with the windows open. It sounds like im having serious suspention issues. After inspection its actually the window tracks in the doors that is causing the problem.

My driverside is a piece, the track actually broke the welds that was holding it to its bracket and the track sits at the bottom of the door rattling away. i fixed this by drilling where the welds were and put in extremley short self tapping screws. it fixed 65% of the problem, but im still getting a **** load of vibrations from it

the passenger side was different. it was making this HORRENDOUS squeeking noise. Finally i took it apart and for some odd reason was this little peice of painted scrap metal that looks like it was subsitiued for a washer; it was stuck between the door and the bracket for the track. Once i pulled that peice of metal out all the noise in the passenger side of the car was GONE! silent, music to my ears. Anyone had same problem i have with my driverside? what did you do?

I have trouble with vibration on my passenger side window when it's open. But it hasn't annoyed me enough yet to take it apart to see what's going on.

its pretty annoying. It sounds like the car is falling apart sometimes haha

This has got to the the most tedious work i've done to this thing.
it seems like i keep making small temporary fixes, since im taking my door panels off like once a month to figure why it started making noise again. speaking of which is destorying my plastic door panel... does anyone know where i can get the tools to re-texture the plastic?

Back