Front bumper on a 95 explorer

TomFord

Reaction score
City, State
Tewksbury,MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer '95 XLT
Hey guys

i got a new front bumper for my 95 explorer and i was wondering if there are any air bag sensors or anything in the bumper to worry about, or if i can use the torch to cut the bolts off

thanks
tom ford

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I do not believe there are any sensors. The only thing you should watch for is fog light wires if you have them. I would not recommend using a torch to cut the bolts, however. Most bumpers I have seen are tight quarters for bolt access, and you can damage other things while cutting the bolts. Use penetrating oil and a big wrench or breakover bar.

there are no sensors or anything in the bumper and the 96s didnt even have fog lights so u dont have to worry about them.

whats wrong with ur old bumper! if its not bad do u want to sell it?

well half of the old bumper is gone on the right hand side, riped off like tinfoil

tom ford

There are no air bag sensors in the bumper.. If you look at the bottom of the grille directly under the headlight, you will see one of these..
airbag.jpg

Those are the airbag sensors.. For foglights, some of the models had the lower valance fog lights (square ones)

There are no air bag sensors in the bumper.. If you look at the bottom of the grille directly under the headlight, you will see one of these..

Those are the airbag sensors.. For foglights, some of the models had the lower valance fog lights (square ones)

Attachments

• sensor.jpg
    sensor.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 176

Back