• Register Today It's free!

Front end squeak??

IN2FORD

Reaction score
City, State
Cookeville, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 Explorer Bullitt
Well I just starting hearing a vey loud squeak in the front end. It happens when I go over bumps or just by pushing on the front bumper. It is some where near the front wheels. Is there any grease points in the front? Sounds like a dry bushing. Oh by the way it is a 95 4x4 Explorer.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

on my 95 explorer 2 wd it was fine until i moved back into the cold weather,the last few night it has been down to 0 or -5 last night and when i left work at 8 am this morning i have never heard of a front end of a truck squeak more than this one...
it is incredible it is like I just have to look at it and squeak squeak squeak...
It ha over 150000 miles on it and the originl ball joints and that has a big factor in it an maybe sway bar bushings and stuff... as soon as i find out the cheapet place to buy spindals for my truck to raise me another 3 inches i will then change bakk joints since all will be apart.
But I would say ball joints and if they are original there is no way to grease them.except i have heard people spraying PB Blaster on the front end I have a new can waiting for it to warm up above freezing to see how it helps. will let you know when i do..

GoD I am glad to have moved back to mass just in time for winter.I love the cold weather. except when you have vehicle poblems lol.

Its probably the sway bar bushings. Take the endlinks off, move the bar up and down by hand and see if it squeaks.

Found out the problem today. Ball joint on passenger side. I replaced it with a greasable joint this time. Good to go for now....

Lower or upper?

I had what appears to be the same issue last November. Anoying squeak going over slight bumps and a horrendous squeak standing still when turning the steering wheel from lock to lock.

problem: ball joints. Instead of determining which one, I replaced them all. Squeaks eliminated.

Would bad ball joints cause this same problem on a first gen? Cause this sounds like the same exact thing that my explorer is doing. On speed bumps and low speed bumps i get a horrible squeek every time the suspension compresses and then extends again. It also seems to be making the truck ride stiffer.

Got a '93' doing the same thing.

Back