• Register Today It's free!

front hook

Jac10

Reaction score
City, State
Montreal
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 xlt
I ve had my 2006 xlt for 2 weeks and I just realized there are no front tow hooks. I am in Dubai where we are surrounded by dessert off road road tracks. I am planning my first adventure this weekend, soo I got my towing strap (when my friends will get stuck in the sand I will tow them), but if ever I am the one to be towed I have a problem. I do not see any good spot in front to get towed. Any attempt to attach under the bumper will most likeley cause damage to the plastic of the lower bumper.

Anyone added front tow hooks. Any ideas

Thanks

By some hooks and drill soem holes in the frame then mount them. Its wierd though, the middle eastern shipped explorers from what i have seen all had front tow hooks with a ps cooler, tranny cooler and oil cooler.

Jac10 - The Explorer shares the same chassis as the Mercu Mountaineer. You can buy it form the spares at Al tayer and get it installed in the same place as the Mountaineer.

the sad part is that its below your car on the front axle beam. Its just a hook with bolts - a 1/2 hour job.
They should have made hooks in line with the bumper. the prevoius model had two hooks in front.

Tell me did u try the high dunes in Hatta. The RSC comes on afetr 40kmph and kills power to the engine doesn't it?

Let me know of u'r dune bashing explorations !!

you dont happen to have a part number for these do you?

Back