front upper control arm bushing replacement | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

front upper control arm bushing replacement

armysoldier30263

Reaction score
City, State
Shaw AFB, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
05 BLACK 4.0 XLT
looking to replace my uca bushings soon ... havent been able to find just the bushings they wanna sell the whole uca with bushings ... anyone replaced them? where do i get just they bushings? and it looks pretty straight foward but is there any "hidden" headaches (as there has been during working on any part of the x) lol any and all input greatly appreciated

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No one?

They would have to be pressed into the arm. I am not sure where or if you can get just the bushings.

Wtf? Pressed in? Not that im questioning you but what happened to diy projects? Well I would like to find a place that sells just he bushings (it hey can be pressed out) or cheap control arms

Napa does not offer either the bushing or the arm. I would have to do some digging tomorrow at work to give you more answers.

Bushings should be availible seperatly, altough you may need to do some searching online or see if your local parts store can special order them. I know for a fact that are availible separate from the UCA for a second gen. They do need to be pressed in the UCA, not sure how hard this is to do, as I just bought the UCA since my balljoints were bad as well.

I appreciate it bro ... I've come up empty handed so far

Have you done your ball joints lately? If not, you might just want to consider changing out your whole UCA. I know my arms were pretty rusty, and at $60 each it wasn't that hard on the wallet. New control arms come with the ball joints on them. Took about 1 1/2 hours on each side, the hardest part was popping the knuckle out of the control arm.

I wonder if BTF UCA's will have bushing's? If you're holding out for a pair of those and they do, might save you some hassle mate?

Mywhole underbody is immaculate with no rust at all ... but where did u get ucas for $60? Bty I have brand new moog ball joints

And lynchy I would love to get btf ucas but $550 for something I don't off road is unreal to me ... (I have my z71 to play with) :)

Mywhole underbody is immaculate with no rust at all ...
And lynchy I would love to get btf ucas but $550 for something I don't off road is unreal to me ... (I have my z71 to play with) :)

Can you send me your rust free chasis in exchange for my not-very rusted chasis?

And I like lynchy's suggestion of the BTFs, besides who needs ball joints these days :p:

Living in the south equals no snow equals minimal rust and NO COLD!!! Lol I would love to have my mind at ease to not worry about breaking my ball joint but I don't have the dough right now ... I might look at local shops when I get the money but that bushing squeaks so bad I wanna ride with ear plugs in lol

Have you done your ball joints lately? If not, you might just want to consider changing out your whole UCA. I know my arms were pretty rusty, and at $60 each it wasn't that hard on the wallet. New control arms come with the ball joints on them. Took about 1 1/2 hours on each side, the hardest part was popping the knuckle out of the control arm.

Don't mind me asking but how did you align the upper control arms or torque them. Would it matter if they were set a little higher than what they were at before?

Back