Fuel pump replacement | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Fuel pump replacement

Liu

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 ford explorer
I replaced my fuel pump but wasn't able to remove the clamps so I cut the line and replaced it with another hose. will that pose a problem down the road?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Probably not while you still have it.

I bought a replacement brand but will look to replace it again with another motorcraft pump, does this make any sense or am I being dramatic?

I replaced my fuel pump but wasn't able to remove the clamps so I cut the line and replaced it with another hose. will that pose a problem down the road?

At the very least, the PRESSURE side, pump delivery to engine, MUST have SAE 70-R9 Fuel Injection Hose, if any original hose is replaced. The return line, if not returnless type system, CAN get by with 70-R7, but not a good idea. Also, any hose used should not be simply slipped onto a smooth tube; there should be a "bump", like that on the quick-disconnect tube, beyond which the CLAMP is placed, thereby preventing the hose from SLIPPING OFF.

A 40-psi stream of gasoline through the air becomes a flame-thrower, if failure occurs. imp

I only seem to find the SAE130-R9. I looked in auto zone and other online retailers. I will continue to look. thanks for your feedback!!

I only seem to find the SAE130-R9. I looked in auto zone and other online retailers. I will continue to look. thanks for your feedback!!

If safe for use with Fuel Injection, most quality hose will be inscribed with the words "Fuel Injection Hose". If inscribed "Emissions/Fuel Hose", do NOT use for Fuel Injection Applications! imp

Back