• Register Today It's free!

Fuel pump stress

redsoxvw

Reaction score
City, State
Dartmouth, Ma
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 EB....4.0
Ughhhh, I was hoping to resolve the no start issue today on my 95 EX, 4.0 4x4, I replaced the fuel pump relay, and double checked all the fuses.

I had no fuel at the schrader......Fuel pump wouldnt hum....

I figure Its gotta be the Fuel pump....

Cut an access hole, replace pump.....And turn key on....no pump hum at all...:thumbdwn:

I have no idea were to look now, maybe its something to do with the alarm???........

Any help is greatly appreciated.........NOTCH:exp:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't know if the alarm ties into the fuel pump or not, but did you check the
fuels shutoff, I think your year it's under the carpet under the glove box. I've heard of them getting tripped by a passengers foot or light front end bump.

Check the PCM Power Relay if you have not already done so, I've been told that will prevent your entire(?) fuel delivery system from working if it's bad.

I had something similar but not with my explorer. Typically in the electrical there is a sensor for the security that picks up a closed circuit from the key to the Security PCM, Also a sensor must pick up the vehicle is in park. This happened a long time ago on an 89 RS Camaro I had. Ripped the seats and the dash out checking the module at the shifter in the center console and the kick panel had another pickup. Found that there was a broken wire in the steering column key cylinder that reads the security chip in the key. Not saying this could be your problem but may give you another idea of things to look for.

Ughhhh, I deserve the RETARD of the day award LOL;)......When I was diagnosing my no start issue, I had unplugged the inertia switch.....

Well, after the new pump went in, of course it wont start the INERTIA SWITCH was disconnected duhhhhhhh:crazy:

Hooked the switch back in and well.......She fired up!! and purred LOL

Thanks for all the input guys:thumbsup:

Back