Full Foot Notch, Version 3, Rockwells and more | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Full Foot Notch, Version 3, Rockwells and more

well here starts the 3rd version of my truck, right now the 1ton HP D60 was pulled, and the guy paid me for it, and then i paid for front and rear rockwells

so here is the planned setup for this version

-1992 explorer
-4.0V6 (when the engine goes ill decide what goes in, 350k logged miles and still goin)
-carried over from the last setup, chucks SAS hanger kit, and 12" lift springs, which puts me at 19" for that

whats new:
-Front and rear 2.5 ton REO/Military Rockwell Axles, Ujoint style axles
-4" welded perch/stand in the front
-larger perches in the back to compensate for the smaller springs, also welded
-Oversized Ladder bar setup to eliminate any axle wrap
-crossover steering, with possible later addition of hydraulic ram assist
-36" shocks all around(specifically the pro comp 9000's, but if you do research, they are the exact same as the ranchos minus the rancho sticker)
-Wilwood wheel/Hub brake setup all around, with a soon the be fab'd custom hydraulic/cable hybrid parking brake
-20x10" 7"BS custom Steel rims
-either 12.5R20 or 385/80R20 tires, the first one is 41 tall, and the second one is 46" tall, the lift should clear 46s

-later on down the road it may be 4linked in the rear, but thats another $2k to get done

should :eek: :confused: :eek: :confused: :eek: people :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

TTIWWOP

We need more damnit!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

gimme time damnit, it still sittin on the springs at the shop, till that ranger gets out of there aint ish i can do, before that they had a newer dodge pickup 4linked on rice and cane tires with the high $$ beercan size king coilovers, had to get ready for the monster truck show

dude you seriously need to send some money my way so I can get my X on some 36s. PAAAALLLLEEEEEZZZZZEEEE

heh, why do i need to send you money, i need money more than ya, i still gotta buy the M37 case, diaper kit, and the driveshafts, PLUS a manual shift 13-54 case to replace my electric shift case, PLUS i still gotta buy the wheel brake kit and wheels and tires, which the wheels and tires are 1200, the wheel brakes are 1200, the tcase is 300, the diaper kit is 380(plus install) and driveshafts could be anouther 300

then its to building the next mud truck :)

kool cant wait to see it

friggen keep trippin over these around the shop , JK

Image670.jpg

Image667.jpg

Image669.jpg

Image668.jpg

dont know if i can get in trouble for showin these pics, but i guess its a mini perk of having my truck worked on at the shop, right now they are overhauling the trucks for the next show in TX, the crew chief and the guy helping him are doing an awesome job workin on these trucks, just a true masterpiece of machinery, workin hard to get these trucks done by thursday, both trucks are getting body(fiberglass) and mechanical work done

well today i bought the M37 case, paid for it to get rebuilt(new bearings,seals, fluid, etc) and the hanger kit, all thats left now is hte driveshafts , also may of figured out the rear brakes for a low $$ creation, have rotors that are 8 on 5.5 and the bolt pattern of the rockwell hub(drive flange part) is 8 on 5.6 :)

next week the truck should start since the monster trucks left this morning

oh, and anyone keeping a running tab on my truck, so far $4500 shelled out in cash, not including brakes and tires, about $7k after brakes and tires, but it will be a mega truck :-D

cant wait to see it !!!!

damn, the fan club for this lift is just friggin thin, or is everyone lurkin waiting for pictures?

Were all waiting to see this monster!!!

Yeah I'm waiting for more progress pics.

well its lookin a week or two out, hopefully sometime next week, perfection takes time :) , actually the monster trucks were in the garage most of this week, and they superscede my truck since they are way more important to get running right, neither mine nor the ranger got worked on this week cause of the monsters, so this coming week they have a lift kit coming in on tuesday for another truck, and then some other truck on wednesday, so possibly thursday the ranger and me are goona get back worked on, the ranger coming first since i was moved down on the list since my "project" was put on hold till i got my 1ton sold, so instead of being in front of him im right behind on hte project list, trust me, i will get pictures, the nice thing is that it should only take under a week to do mine, cause most of it is building all the parts that go on it, and then a day or two to weld in and bolt in the parts

and to anyone out there that does not think they can do something in life, this is an example to show you that you can, this truck turned from a basic 2dr 4wd explorer that was just gonna get "a little lift to clear 35s" that soon morphed to rockwell running gear, and your going "oh, i cant afford that", thats what i thought, well i busted my college student ass and found ways to make money and to get this truck done, kind of scary that ive had $4200 cash go thru my hands to build this truck to never see it again(yes i will see it once i drive the truck), but im just trying to be motivational and show that you can do something if you want it bad enough. my life motto "life is what you make of it" and ive had someone tell me " do your dreams, ya only live once and ya cant take cash with you to the grave"

well guys, looks like im screwed again till i figure this out

i either gotta get a fuel cell inside the cab, shorter/smaller stock gas tank, or a 2wd tranny for that M37 tcase to work. to the left is the gas tank, to the right is the exhaust, farthest back is clear but it would be yoke of case to yoke of rockwell, cant go forward cause of the tcase.

so i gotta go 2wd 5spd tranny(at the price of $550 with swap at local yard) plus install it, and the M37 case will go behind the 2wd tranny, put a fuel cell either inside or outside the truck and make sure it still works with the factory fuel injection, or find a shorter gas tank in place of the stock one that will allow the M37 case to sit right behind the factory Tcase . and on top of that im on a limited budget since my funds are getting low

also have pics of bumper brackets soon, nice waterjet cut

Try a two door tank from the same model. There was someone else on here who used a full-size truck transfer case behind his V8 and 4r70w, he used a 2 door tank to fit the t-case. Not sure how much bigger your t-case is going to be, but the two door tank is shorter.

Oh. Well, there goes that idea. You really are pressed for space under there then.

can i lift the gas tank up without a bodylift on the truck or if i take off the skid plate will i have enough to get to the framerail on that side, pretty much my problem is with the Tcase hanger extends from one side to the other for the M37 case, id would rather not have to go to a different tranny or relocate fuel components

Back