• Register Today It's free!

full spools on 8.8

indecloudzUA

Reaction score
City, State
Tuscaloosa/Hoover Alabama
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLT 4x4
ate up the dang powertrac and had a full spool laying around and been thinking of getting that in there as a temp..wanting to put a arb in the rear at some point in the summer hopefully..but was thinking bout putting in the full spool..ive read that you had to have the c-clip eliminators install with a full spool..but then i heard that the c-clip eliminators are not good on the axles during wheeling..will my axles slip out while wheeling if i dont install the c-clip eliminators??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

First, and I mean this in a kind way...:)....you are out of your mind to put a spool in anything driven on the street. You will tear up parts and eat tires so fast you won't believe it. Next, yes...the spool won't have provisions for C clips so a C clip eliminator is required.

nononono..this is not a daily driver..strictly on the trail..

Why go through the trouble of setting up the gears twice (one for the spool, and later on for the ARB) when you can yank the powerTrax out, throw a set of spider gears in, and weld them (to make a "Lincoln" locker).

EDIT -- oh this is on JEFE's original rig. You have any pics of this thing on the trail yet? I just miss seeing it :)

Why go through the trouble of setting up the gears twice (one for the spool, and later on for the ARB) when you can yank the powerTrax out, throw a set of spider gears in, and weld them (to make a "Lincoln" locker).

EDIT -- oh this is on JEFE's original rig. You have any pics of this thing on the trail yet? I just miss seeing it :)
Agreed, weld it.

yup..got some from last summer..wasnt able to take any pics the last time i went nor have i been able to get in touch with the people i think took pics of me..ill post..

zachandchris3.jpg

zachandchris2.jpg

zachandchris1.jpg

red.jpg

red1.jpg

DSC00334.jpg

DSC00342.jpg

DSC00326.jpg

the XJ was my buddy that got me into wheeling but unfortunately passed away in june after a year long battle with cancer..havent really wheeled much since but slowly gettin back into it..the pics are just on some lil fun trails..the good stuff is at grayrock..but none of my friends are into wheeling so cant get anyone to snap shots :( guess ill get em welded..but also gotta replace the carrier anyways..it blew up as well..

Really sorry to hear about your friend, it's tough. Glad you're beginning to use the truck again though, i wish i bought it. That 4th picture down is an amazing shot!

What gear ratio do you have? I've got a 3.73 axle i just pulled from my 92 (drum brakes) if you wanted to use parts or all of it to hold you over for the arb. I just put a welded 5.13 disk axle in my truck and I love it. Still gets driven on the street a little too.

Yeah I'm digging the original CA plates :)

i love that truck...

appreciate it..yeah its 4.88's..im prob gonna end up welding them..anyone need a full spool?hehehe..thought the tag was pretty cool and thought i'd leave it up there..

hey IZ, you know of any trails in between me and you??would be fun to get a bunch of the southern explorers together if we can for a run this summer..

I think the only big trail between you and I is Tellico. But yeah that would be awesome -- keep me informed if anything in the spring/summer comes up.

will do..need to get the southern explorers together for once..

I'd be in for a Tellico, Uwharrie, wherever run...

Back