Fuse # 13 blows in engine compartment fuse block | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Fuse # 13 blows in engine compartment fuse block

mjac62

Reaction score
Truck started running like crap no power, rough, no acceleration, I found that a fuse #13 ( mini 15amp) in the engine compartment fuse box was blown. I didnt have a spare so I put a jumper wire across it and it ran perfect, went to the store got a new 15a fuse and when i put in gear it blew again, so i put in a 30 amp and drove perfect all the way home. The manual shows this fuse is for O2 SENSOR, EGR VAC REGULATOR, EVR SOLENOID, CAM POSITION SENSOR, CANISTER VENT SOLENOID So now I guess I have to figure out which one of those are pulling that much current to blow a 15 a fuse,
Any ideas, anyone have had same issue ?

Solder some blade terminals on two wires attached to a 1157 Blub/Socket. Tie the two filaments together for the one lead and one wire for the Lamp Ground. This is a homemade SHORT DETECTOR. Insert this in place of the Fuse. If the Short is present the Lamp will be fully Illuminated. Then unplug each of the loads, one at a time while checking the Bulb Illumination. If the Bulb goes out or is very dim when you unplug the load, you have found the Short Circuit. Troubleshoot the suspect circuit or device. Good Luck

Nice, Nick- I like that tip...

Solder some blade terminals on two wires attached to a 1157 Blub/Socket. Tie the two filaments together for the one lead and one wire for the Lamp Ground. This is a homemade SHORT DETECTOR. Insert this in place of the Fuse. If the Short is present the Lamp will be fully Illuminated. Then unplug each of the loads, one at a time while checking the Bulb Illumination. If the Bulb goes out or is very dim when you unplug the load, you have found the Short Circuit. Troubleshoot the suspect circuit or device. Good Luck
Im going to have to try that on mine too, same fuse blows but most of the time not immediately, or before the car gets warm, its been sitting for about a yeat now because of this, its driving me nuts and at 69 years old its a little difficult to stay under the car too long.

Back