GEM module replacement | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

GEM module replacement

I did consider that, but I also assumed that any short in that dimmer circuit would result in a blown fuse in the power circuit. Plus, turning the parking lights on alone would have likely back-fed the switched source, and caused a multitude of other odd symptoms.

I'm just glad that you got the wiring spaghetti all straightened out and she's working again. Did you revert back to the old GEM?

-Joe

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

GEM? maybe worse?

Got a 02 Explorer. The power door locks starting to wig out lock and unlocking themselves, my radio will not shut off, even when I take the keys out, the door ajar light stays on, i have lost control of the wiper in the back, keyless entry no longer works, nor does my remote, the back hatch would open itself while I would drive. Now my door locks won't work at all, they are no longer locking and unlocking, I think they finally froze. I have disconnected the battery to try to reset the system but that did not work. Any idea what this could be and what I should do?

Check the fuses that are mentioned in this thread.

Good luck ....

GEM? or worse?

See you're in Sarasota, Im in Port Charlotte.

I did check the fuses under the hood, but I will check some of the fuses posted. I didn't mention that the alarm system started going on and off also.(that no longer works) I was told it could be the GEM, but I don't want to replace it, if that is not what it is.

I checked all the fuses that were listed, but they all look good. I still don't have any idea what it could be? Any good guesses? Or any other direction that you could lead me? Thanks

well.... your "ramble" of your problems needs to be "slowed down" and you need to "stop and take a breath"... :) Fuses don't heal themselves... so when things stop working and then start again, its NOT a fuse problem. And, it is NOT likely a GEM problem. As the original poster found out, its probably a wiring issue. In his case, his wiring was "ugly" and did cause also cause fuse problems (but things didn't repair themselves... they were just broke). In your case, it would appear that you have a "crossed" wires... BUT you need to slow down and chase one problem at a time. Get a meter and start checking things.

Back