• Register Today It's free!

GEM questions

snoop_1

Reaction score
City, State
Southwest, WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 XLT
Been trying to track down an electrical gremlin, and I think that I may have traced it to the GEM. Just a few questions.

Is General Electrical Module the real name for this thing?

Could I replace this thing in my garage?

Anybody know the part number for a 98 XLT 4x4 GEM?

Yes

GEM (General Electic Moduole) is the correct name for the device. You can change out anything in your garage. ¿Just how far do you want to tear the thing apart? The problem with that part of the question is. I really don't know. For all I know the thing is burried in the lower part of the dash bolted to the fire wall. Or, it is in the roof. Or right in the gas tank next to the fuel pump for all I know. I just don't know where the thing is. BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING THOUGH, have your VIN number ready and call your local Ford dealership. Ford finally had enough problems with the things that they actually recalled them. See if the recall was done to your vehicle before you do anything. And all the dealerships are linked via internet or satelite or something so it doesn't matter who you bought it from, where you bought it or didn't even buy it it's just plain stolen, they can tell you if you GEM recall has been done or not.

Back