General ???'s on my new 07 Ranger 4x4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

General ???'s on my new 07 Ranger 4x4

CobraXP

Just another White X
Reaction score
City, State
Salt Lake City
Year, Model & Trim Level
Early 97 X
Well, I finally got the 2007 Ranger I ordered. 4.0, 5 speed, 4x4, 3.73 LS, 4 door, leather. It replaced my 98 Ranger 2wd. I have to say, I think this is going to be a great little truck and daily driver.

Its my first 4x4, so I have a lot to read up on. I am not looking to go crazy on the mods just because it is going to be my daily driver, but I do want to do a few things.

I don't want to add a lift kit, but do want to give it a little more size. The stock tires are 265/70/16's now, but I want to get a little bigger to match the ride height. What is a good size to look at and which tires are good for street/snow/light offroad? Also, is it best to just do a torsion twist on the front to level the front out some?

Here are the pics:

Ranger09.jpg

Ranger02.jpg

Ranger05.jpg

Only things done so far are having the tailgate emblems shaved and holes filled and painted. I also had tint done today. Planned is Line_X for the bed and my Undercover off my 98 put on...

Ideas?!?!?!? :thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice truck. Torsion twist will make the ride a little stiffer but as far as leveling works pretty good. On tires maybe a 265/75/16 maybe but would give you only about 1" from about 30.6" to about 31.6" Have had good luck with BFG A/T's and heard nothing but good about Bridgestone Revo's. Again sweet truck.

I like the truck. But what i dont like about the 2007's is that the ford emblem on the tailagate is bigger then life.

i got a basically brand new set of 245/75/16 BFG A/Ts that would look nice on there.

-Rich

churd69 said:
i got a basically brand new set of 245/75/16 BFG A/Ts that would look nice on there.

-Rich
ahhah he already has 265's... :p

Back