• Register Today It's free!

Glasspack on 97 mountaineer

97Mounty97

Reaction score
City, State
Port Huron, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Ford Explorer
Has anyone put a glasspack on a 5.0 97 mountaineer??
The stock exhaust has the dual inlet so would you have to run a y-pipe?
If you have any pictures please post them I want to have my mounty to sound a little more aggressive.

i had a glass pack on my 4.0 ex. the pipes were dual as well and at the time i couldn't find a y pipe so i did something so ghetto I'm embarrassed about it... i bought a dual exhaust tip from auto zone and made it work as a y pipe and used about a dozen reducers to make the pipes match up haha after dealing with horrible exhaust leaks for around 2 years i just got a dual in dual out thrush welded and had a shop weld it in place. sounds 10x better but i did love the sound of the glass pack at mid to high rpms.

i had a glass pack on my 4.0 ex. the pipes were dual as well and at the time i couldn't find a y pipe so i did something so ghetto I'm embarrassed about it... i bought a dual exhaust tip from auto zone and made it work as a y pipe and used about a dozen reducers to make the pipes match up haha after dealing with horrible exhaust leaks for around 2 years i just got a dual in dual out thrush welded and had a shop weld it in place. sounds 10x better but i did love the sound of the glass pack at mid to high rpms.

oh wow haha I've never heard of anyone doing that. How much did you pay for the thrush exhuast? I was thinking about just saving money and getting the flowmaster 50 series dual in single out

Back