• Register Today It's free!

Good bye to my explorer....

CTO

Reaction score
City, State
hillsdale michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Eddie Bauer
Well, I finally retired my old explorer. She had 237,00 miles on her and was starting to become to unreliable for my hour drive to work then home. She still runs and drives but the steering and suspension is completely worn out and the truck was just rusted out from 14 years of michigan winters. :( Every single body panel has been beaten and bruised from years of trail riding and backwoods trips.

I'll keep it around for parts for my Ranger but from now on it'll sit behind my garage til i've scavenged everything I need off of it. I had alot of good memories from 'wheeling her all over northern Michigan and down at the Badland in Indiana.My wife and I have camped out in the back of the Ex many times in the past.

So I went with my boss to an auto auction searching for something to replace her last Wed. I got there early and we got to test drive a couple vehicles before the sale. I looked a '98 explorer,'97 GMC Jimmy, '99 Cherokee,and a '94 Grand Cherokee. The Jimmy and the Cherokee both had high miles(190,000+) and the Explorer had a smashed drivers rear door. The Grand Cherokee Is what I ended up getting. It had 140,000 but was super clean inside and out and drives great. It was being sold off as part of an estate auction.
I ended up getting it for only $2650. Here's a couple pics of it.

564463_19_full.jpg

564463_20_full.jpg

564463_22_full.jpg

It's specs are.....
'94 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
light blue metallic with light grey interior
5.2L V-8
AWD with locking low range
CD stereo
trail towing prep package
3.73 gears
Cold A/C (something that never worked on the X)
Fully loaded except leather, foglamps and moonroof

I'll still be trolling around here since none of the Forums for Grand Cherokee's have impressed me.

Thanks,
Chazz O.

Put up a pic of your X before you strip it LOL

Back