Goodyear MT/Rs | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Goodyear MT/Rs

Hey! Is anyone running on Goodyear Wrangler MT/Rs? I might get a set and I was wondering if anyone has any positive or negative feedback about these. Also, I plan on lifting mine about 6", think 35"s will fit without rubbing? If you do run on a set of MT/Rs, please tell me or give me a picture so I can see what they look like on an Explorer. Thanks

-Drew
djmdmb@hotmail.com

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi,
BKennedy is running 35 MTR's. He had to do some trimming, but it looks real clean. He has the 5.5" superlift.
I was also thinking of running these tires. This will more than likely be my choice when I get new tires.

Later,
Andy

i am runnin 32"s and i love them! only bad thing is... on ice, or wiht a lil dusting of snow they are horrid. other than that, they are awesome offroad! and they wear very nice

I've got 27k miles on my 31x10.50 MT/R's and while they look awesome you can hardly hear yourself think inside now. They were quiet when new but even with rotating every 4k miles they have gotten annoyingly loud. It might be an alignment issue on my part though.

bottom line: great looking go anywhere tire, but be prepared to either replace them in 2 years - or stop having conversations while driving - they get LOUD.

Yeah I agree with the others, they are way too loud :( I used to run them and thought they were pretty good off-road but they were louder than the swamper TSL's I used to run. I run the swamper truxs mt now and think it is the quietest mt I have run yet, and it looks good too ;)

Here is mine with the 33" MTR's

Attachments

• mr30-035.jpg
    mr30-035.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 277

Thank you everyone for your replys. Gave me some good input. I think I might just downsize to the All-Terrains. Thanks

-Drew

this gave me a little food for thought as well as I am on the look-out for a new set of tires... I was even thinking about getting MTR's soon... at this point I'm back to square one... BF AT's perhaps? or MT's?

Me = huge fan on MTR's

Done some incredible things with a jeep on MTR's. Yes they are loud, never heard of them being louder than TSL's. Amazing hard ground/rock tire and they were excellent in mud too. I loved them.

Ive heard that the MT'Rs are an all around good tire bud there not the greatest in mud. Couple of my friends run them and love how they wear and work. THey are worth the investment.

Matt

Originally posted by Dre
this gave me a little food for thought as well as I am on the look-out for a new set of tires... I was even thinking about getting MTR's soon... at this point I'm back to square one... BF AT's perhaps? or MT's?
I used my BFG AT's on the trail quite frequently, and I chipped the tread so much, and with the TTB that pulled to the right, I went through a set in only 2 years w/25,000 mi. on them. I am also running TrXus MTs and they are great in every situation. You could also consider the BFG MTs. I don't know how strong the TrXus MT sidewalls are compared to the BFG MT/KM sidewall, but, with the extra sidewall protection on the TrXus, I'm sure it will survive better on the trail than the KM.

-Ken

hey ken do you think you could send me some pics of your X? My brother wants Trxus and I wanna see the procomp lift, didn't know they made one for it. Thanks.

Ken has a Jeep Rubicon ;) here's my rubicon with the Truxs MT's ;) :D

Attachments

• ja17^001.jpg
    ja17^001.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 175

dude that's totally awsome. Please tell me you have taken it straight into the worst mud pit you could find? There's no rocks here in dallas/houston, we just play in mud dirt. I am gonna get some pics of my duelers slingin as hard as I can spin them very soon. Still haven't tested them yet.

With the rains we are having here in So.Cal. I am having absolutely no problems on the street with my TrXus MTs.
They drive like All-Terrains on the street and handle the soft stuff like Mud-Terrains.
The tires look great, and I'm sure the sidewall strength will hold up like most Interco/'Swamper tires.

JTfeb7KenatDusk.JPG

I think TrXus pays Ken to say good things. :D

I second everything Ken has to say about the Truxs MT's :D These are my favorite tires ever ;)

Birdman- it is still snowing around here so no mud yet ;)

After looking at this site and tacoma territory my brother can't decide to go with the Trxus or the BFG AT. We know the BFG all too well but even then we hear negative stuff about them. Never heard anything bad about the Trxus mt, he will probably go with them, will post pics if he does. As SOON as you test them please pm me or something, let me know how they do.

Cool but you can't realy compare the Truxs MT to the BFG AT/KO. The BFG is going to be way better on the road since it is designed to be a street tire and the Truxs is designed to be an off road tire that is more manageable on the road ;)

I know he just likes both those. He's a misguided kid. One day he's like "I want a mud terrain," and then he's like "no I want the BFG." I just give him that old saying passed down by those who came before us: "if it doesn't say interco on the side... it's just an all terrain."

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

"if it doesn't say interco on the side... it's just an all terrain."

Oh so true :D

Back