• Register Today It's free!

got a question bout tires

xploda

Reaction score
City, State
madison, MS
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 explorer
if i put a 2 inch spindle and a 2 inch tt in the front and a 2 inch shackle and 2 inch add a leaf in the rear could i fit maxxis buckshots 33's and them not rub or would i have to cut away under the fenders?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

somebody correct me if i'm wrong, but i believe there are guys that run 33"ers with 2" of lift in both front and back without major rubbing. i guess that depends on your ex, too.

The spindle kit is 3" for 95+ 2WDs. And yes, 33x12.50s will fit well with 5" of lift.

You need at least 3-3.5" of lift and new fenders and lots of trimming or 5" and a little trimming to fit 33x12.50s. 33x10.50s will fit with a little less lift.

BTW, you'll want to do TT and spindles in front, SOA in rear.

Originally posted by xploda
what is soa?
Alec and I have both answered that question in your other threads. Please pay attention to the answers when you ask questions.

The SEARCH feature of the forums is also a handy tool.

do a search for SPRING OVER AXLE (SOA)

well thatrs what i thought it meant but one of my friends told me i didnt have springs in the rear so it was impossible to do thats y i was asking

Then your friend is wrong and you should have looked under the rear of your truck ;)

Back