Got my windows tinted... | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Got my windows tinted...

That looks good. I cant wait to get mine done this saturday.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

96 eddiebauer- so that tint is charcoal as opposed to bronze, but you say it still looks good? it looks good in the pic, but im sure it is completely different in person. but if you say it still looks good, then i guess ill probably go with that.

Yes, it does look different in person but it really depends on the lighting of the surrounding environment. Sometimes it looks more green than bronze because of the fact that the windshield and the front windows are solar tinted...actually, you see some green there in the picture. But when the lighting is just right, you'll see what the picture suggests. Like I said, it matches 99% perfect.

Since there're no factory bronze tinted front windows for obvious reasons (regulations), you really can't match it perfectly. In my opinion, it looks good and it functions like it suggested--to limit the sunlight and damaging UV rays going through the window. Some people look for functionality more than its appearance. Well, I'm both. On some mods, it's purely looks (ie., clear corners, blue reverse and corner bulbs), but some other mods, it's functionality (ie., vent visors, window tint).

You put that 7500 series tint on yourself?

Yes he did. used my windows for the template.

Yeah, I used Dave's rig as a template b/c I didn't feel like taking my vent visors off. The install was pretty easy.

we got to do mine Billy. when i get that HU on i might have to! to much $$$$ visable. also we should do that mirar thing like you got. so awesome.

Yeah, we can do that. All I need is time, which I don't have anymore since I'm in Raleigh. Thanks again for letting me useing your rig's window as a template.

P.S. Take the faceplate out when you leave your truck so you won't have problems with people trying to steal it.

The tinting is done... Looks great :bounce: PICS will follow...

Not really a good pic but I wanted to get one posted. When it stops raining... someday.... I'll get a better pic of it.

Attachments

• 10010001.jpg
    10010001.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 348

Just thought I'd throw in a pic of my tinted X too!! Quality is not the greatest, but you get the idea.

Attachments

• tint1.jpg
    tint1.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 337

Thanks Holty. Looks very good guys!! They seem to match perfectly.

I just got an '00 sport.... it doesn't have any tint on the doors or the small ones in the back. The rear sides and back has "factory tint" on them, but I was wondering would 20% all the way around (ex. windshield) match up and look good?

i have the factory bronze tint and my local tint shop used 15% platinum tinton the front to match up the back windows. I also added 5 % to the back windows and am going to add 5% to the front windows as soon as i get a chance to take my truck back in. The tint really helps with the heat down here.

Originally posted by eXplorerchic
I just got an '00 sport.... it doesn't have any tint on the doors or the small ones in the back. The rear sides and back has "factory tint" on them, but I was wondering would 20% all the way around (ex. windshield) match up and look good?
Put 20% on the front and small windows and it will match the back windows. I posted a horrible pic of mine up the page a bit and it has 20% on the front and the match is perfect.

cool, thats what I'll do...pic's to come soon :)

Here's a better pic...

Attachments

• x1100006.jpg
    x1100006.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 281

Reply:: i have the factory bronze tint and my local tint shop used 15% platinum tinton the front to match up the back windows. I also added 5 % to the back windows and am going to add 5% to the front windows as soon as i get a chance to take my truck back in. The tint really helps with the heat down here.

OK, I have the same kind of tint as his, which they used platinum titon, they matched almost 85% as the other tints so I'm very happy with it. I got them at California Tint

:)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Whats up with this factory black tint im hearing of? I have a 98 xlt with the privacy tint and just assumed it was the hard to match bronze. Did i luck out and get one with a black tint thats easier to match? Ive been wanting to get my windows tinted for a while but it seems all the explorers i see around town have real mettalic looking rear windows and a plain dark grey tint in the front like i want. Can someone comment on this? I would like to have either 20% or 27% on the fronts and make the backs a little darker. let me know, Major

Back