• Register Today It's free!

Got my windows tinted...

Holty

Reaction score
City, State
Pittsburgh, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Explorer XLT AWD V8
...yesterday. WOW does my X look PHAT!! I got the back window tinted with 8% tint over the factory tint and it is so dark you can't see in at all! I got the front sides tinted 20% to match the factory tint on the back windows. It looks so good i can't believe I waited this long to get it done. I have pics if anyone is interested. I just wanted to share my happiness!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yes, i will send you some pics when i get home from work tonight.

Maybe there is an Elite X here that I could email my pics to post on here so everyone can see?

did you have the bronze tint on the rear windows?

no, mine is the factory black tint. i don't think it would have turned out good if i had the bronze type tint.

a few months ago i got limo tint on the back and 35% on the front i would show pics but i cant ever get
them to work out

I would like to see the pics too. I'm going to bet getting my fronts tinted to match the back on the 31st of this month. I can post the pics for you. Just try to get them under 100K. Email is in my sig.

arrrgh...I hear the factory bronze tint is a pain to match and I'm stuck with it- I dont want to tint the fronts if it wont look just right- I guess I'll have to just look around and take the shop's word that it will match...

Yeah, its illegal where I live too. :D

stann- i live in marietta and tried to get my fronts tinted to match the back (bronze) today. had 2 very good shops tell me they couldnt do it. crap!! i dont know what im going to do, guess ill talk to The Source, mabye Line X...went to Solar somthing today and AutoXtremes, but they couldnt do it.

Window tint

Congrats Holty!! I was extremely happy as well when I got the windows tinted on my X. Mine is 10% on the rear/sides and If I remember right, 15% on the fronts. It is really, really dark, cannot even see in. Yes it is illegal to tint your front windows here too, but what the heck, did it anyway. I will post your pics :D

fish man- i've talked to the AutoXtremes guys about it too (the've done lots of stuff for me) - he said that at times the tint would match, like when the light hit it just right, and other times it wouldnt- the only way i know of to fix this is to get like 5% on the rears and 15% or something up front- but 5% is ridiculous The other way is to pull some blacktint or clears off a trashed X at a junkyard :rolleyes: :confused:

Where's The Source?

the source....crap, i cant think of what road that is, but its right next to msp racing. If you dont know msp, then i can find out the road. where did you end up having yours done?

not sure where msp is either- i still havent got mine done yet becuase of the matching issues- theres a place up in Cumming that I am going to stop at and see what they say- i'll let you know how it goes BTW, did you try Rev Limits/ Southern Off-Road?

oh, nope, i have not talked to southern off road. my mom pointed out to me that there is a place right across from the store that i work at that does window tinting, so ill have to stop in there some day. a buddy of mine had his done at the source and he's real happy with it, but his was just 20% charcoal all around, so nothing complicated. aha, just found the source's address, 1540 roswell road. this sucks, i thought it would be easy to get a match. ill let you know where i get it done if i ever do.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Guys, I know matching the bronze tint is next to impossible but if you go to Wal-Mart and get their 7500 series tint, be sure it's charcoal color, I can almost guarantee they match 99% perfect. If you don't believe me, check out this pic...

Dead Link Removed

This is my car. Tell me what you think. If you do a search, you can find a lot of threads about window tints.

Back