Got my windows tinted... | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Got my windows tinted...

Look at the picture I posted last. Do the rear windows on that look like your rear windows? The only tinting I had done on mine was the front windows. They were tinted 20% and match the back perfect, IMO.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yea mine looks like its the same. How good can you see at night with the aftermarket 20%? Is it just as clear as the back windows with the accual tinted glass or can you tell there is some kind of film on there? Lastly do you know what brand and type tint your installer used? Major

It does make it a little darker at night when you look out. Its pretty much the same as the back windows. I dont know what type of tint he used but after he cut it to the right size he separated it and put the dark half on the window. I'm not sure if this is common or not but its nothing I have ever seen before.

zman- so that 15% platinum tint matches pretty good? I know that wal-mart's tint is supposed to match good, but I'm not too keen on putting on my own tint- I'll probably mess up and have it bubble and crack and look terrible, so I'd rather have a professional job- hopefully I finally found something that matches the dumb bronze tint...

awesome

hey '96explorereddiebauer, good call. It matches almose perfect (from the outside). It's still gray from the inside but with some black tint on the rear, it will match well. And it wasn't as hard to do as i expected. Thanks for the tip.

No problem. That's what this board is for. Helping fellow Explorers as much as we can.

BTW, welcome to the site!! This site offers a wealth of information about Explorers. If you have a question, use the "Search" feature and I'm pretty sure you'll be able to find the answer. If ya can't, don't hesitate and post a question.

Back