• Register Today It's free!

Sirius antenna location?

goblue30093

Reaction score
City, State
Atlanta, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer XLS
i'm about to install sirius satellite head unit and tuner in my 02 explorer. was wondering where you guys suggest mounting the antenna and the tuner. i was thinking of putting the tuner under the passenger seat but no ideas on the antenna.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wheni had mine installed they put it right above the rear view mirror on the outside of the front window. Hope that makes sense, it looks pretty good there.

Mine is stuck (magnet) right where JTXs is. I ran the wire just under the w/s moulding. You can lift it w/your thumb nail. accross the top, down the side into the engine compartment and into the cabin from there. I used the goose neck mount for the radio (Delphi).

Mine is on the rear hidden by the wing.
The unit is under the drivers seat, and the wire runs up the B pillar, under the head liner and out the rear.
attachment.php

is this a facotry setup or aftermarket tuner, i put mine right on the front drives corner of the roof

this is an aftermarket unit, kenwood. i am ordering the head unit today. i alread ordered the sirius tuner. monmix: how did you run it under the head unit? and then how did you get it outside the car? through the back door crack at the top?

hahah yeah i live too close to that place. anyways....the dash works well. i'll try to find a pic.

goblue30093 said:
this is an aftermarket unit, kenwood. i am ordering the head unit today. i alread ordered the sirius tuner. monmix: how did you run it under the head unit? and then how did you get it outside the car? through the back door crack at the top?

I am not sure what you are asking me. Did you mean head liner not head unit ?

Okay, it exists the tuner under the drivers seat and goes in through a hole.
attachment.php

Then along the rocker, up the B pillar, across the headliner and out the rear.
There I cut a small slit in the weather strip and passed the wire through there so A) it is not getting pinched, and B) The deck lid still seals.
attachment.php

nice antenna mount on the dash there....im pissed off about the damn wolverines...

thanks

booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
lol

Back