Granatelli vs Maxflow | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Granatelli vs Maxflow

Shoot!

all right, just click here:
Dead Link Removed

and I thought I would be able to figure this out on the first attempt. I used to laugh at the guys that couldn't get pics posted correctly. Now, I am one!
Karl

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

:confused:

Damn. Karl's 2 posts were listed on different pages, so I sat here and opened each of the three pictures individually, and then I go to the next page and there's a link. :p Oh well.

That looks like what I think 410Fortune was talking about. I could do that. The only one unanswered question that I have is from what part or the Explorer does that dryer hose get the cooler outside air? I couldn't tell from the pics

Well, the end of the dryer hose faces the grill of my X. I made the end hide behind the air dam so that it wouldn't get a bunch of road junk thrown up the tube and possibly clog it up. If you squat down, you probably wouldn't even see the dryer hose, you have to put your head under the car to see it. Does that make any sense at all?
How about this, the bottom of th end of the dryer tubing is the same level as the bottom of the air dam.
Karl

I think I get what your saying. I don't have an air damn on mine, but pretty much the dryer hose would be like behind the bumper under the grill sorta? Is that the right idea?

And also, I didn't notice in your pics, what is your heat shield made out of?

The heat shield is still a work in progress, but I cut up a piece of rooftop flashing. I know a guy who has a civic he's tricked out a bit and he built a bad-a$$ one. The website for his car is here:
http://www.members.tripod.com/gamby123/index.htm

Go to Modifications, then to Cold Air Induction. He told me the heat shield alone cut 0.4 seconds off his quarter mile times.

I think I'm gonna go ahead and order the bigger MAF. I don't mind being one of the guys that tried and gave feedback to help everyone else make a decision. I've gotten enough feedback from this forum before purchasing other mods.

Karl

Once I get passed the mental stigma of stealing mods from a Ricer, I think I'm going to make that heat shield for it. That is of course after I put a cold air intake on there. I'm still trying to figure out where exactly to route the air pipe from though. Behind the air dam would've been a good suggestion, but I don't have an airdam. Would it have the same effect if it was placed behind the bumper, like inside that round hollow area, with the airpipe facing out towards the right of the Ex. Would that still have the same effect as straight out the front?

I had the same stigma, until he told me it took 0.4 seconds off his quarter mile. Probably the best $50 to spend if you want to knock off that much time.

I think you would need the tube faccing front if you wanna get the cold air/ram air effect.

Karl

Ignore this post. There is nothing to see here. Alex forgot to logoff on this computer :rolleyes:

-- Chase

Originally posted by karl_burns
I think you would need the tube faccing front if you wanna get the cold air/ram air effect.

I was afraid of that. Oh well, I'll check out the Ex tomorrow and see what ideas I can come up with. Thanks for all the help and ideas. We'll soon see what will come out of this

Back