Greetings from the Sunshine State! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Greetings from the Sunshine State!

Kirbo7106

Reaction score
City, State
New Port Richey, Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Ford Explorer Sport
Hi! My name is Danny and I live in the Tampa Bay area. Currently, my daily driver is a 1996 Ford Ranger with a 2.5L with a manual 5 speed. It's a great little truck, but it's a standard cab and I needed a little extra space. I picked up a 1997 Ford Explorer Sport about a month ago and have been reading posts on your site. It's in pretty good shape for the year. It has the 4.0 OHV with the 5 speed automatic tranny. The engine runs great, but the tranny has some problems. No reverse and erratic shifting in the forward gears. The rear end sits lower than the front. The power mirrors will adjust outward, but not back inward. The power windows need the bushing kits. The cruise control switches are gone and the foam in the steering wheel is breaking down. On the good side, the body is straight and the red paint is still red and shiney! The power front seats work and are not torn. So I will be reading all of your posts and fixing my Explorer. Any ideas and suggestions are appreciated! Thanks and have a Great 4th of July weekend!
Dan-O

Welcome, Danny!

Danny, welcome.

Back