Greetings: | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Greetings:

49IronMike

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Explorer
Good evening fellow forum members.
I am back after several years of being off this forum. Several years ago when I had my 1993 Explorer xlt, I was actively looking here for information and did glean a lot from all of the great post. Well, that 93 is gone now thanks to a sleeping son and the back end of a parked car and I now have a 1994 Explorer and have been experiencing a problem that I thought was a tire imbalance issue but turns out not to be the case. I get this vibration at 63 to 73 MPH, yea, just where I like to travel at. It's real annoying. I had it in to the tire shop the other day to rebalanced all the tires and rotate them. I explained to the shop foreman the problem I was having so he checked out all the suspension, linkage and bearings, they were all fine. He suggested that we might want to check out the u joints which I did and they seem fine to me as well as no loose trany mounts. I remembered a post from several years ago about the "Boigie Wheel Syndrome". It was explained as like a shopping cart front wheel that is all crazy. I did a short search but did not come up with the thread. Does anybody remember it or can help me out with this problem?
Thanks
Micheal

Thanks for the welcome back Brooklyn Bay. After a bit I did find the thread, Helping minimalize the super vibrations (60-80mph)... you know whats up and it appears the problem has not been solved as of yet. I will start by replacing my R.A.B.'s and might even try packing the trany mount with some of the old bushing material.
I actually forgot my previous screen name so created a new one.
Thanks again.
Micheal

Back