grilles | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

grilles

guitarguy90

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 XLT
so, i got my license a couple months ago, and i really like my dads 98 XLT so i asked him if he would let me fix it how i want, and im having trouble deciding on what grille to get. alot of the sites ive been on show pictures of grills that look good, but most of them show them on other cars and say that the exact model for my car isnt shown, so im apprehensive on what to get. im also wondering whether or not they come with that chrome piece that goes around the lights, im also looking into lowing my explorer by using air bag/ride suspension, i just dont know where to start looking for that. any help would be nice!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

welcome to the site. not sure if it is your fancy or not, but check out ebay, they have billet grills that go over the stock grill, and they are pretty cheap. there are more custom options available though, and some include the grill shell but they cost a lot more. check out a mini truck type magazine, they have lots of ads with pictures.

have a look at www.explorerexpress.com as well, they are a site sponsor

thanks, i was actually looking at some headlights on ebay, i dont know why i didnt check there.

hmmm... explorerexpress doesnt seem to have quite the collection it used to, for ideas, you migth check out peoples build threads in the sport truck forum, you will at least see what people did to theirs and whatthey liked/disliked about a certain grill

Back