ground force springs and winter driving | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

ground force springs and winter driving

dannyb420

Reaction score
City, State
Cleveland, Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
'04 XLT
I would like to get the ground force springs this summer but I live in Cleveland Ohio. Does anyone have the springs and have problems in the winter snow? I do not do much offroading so I want to go with a lowered look. Also, I have seen some pics but was wondering if anyone had pics of their truck lowered with the ground force springs. I assume this is the cheapest and easiest way to lower right? Thanks for the pics, and the help. I will be putting 20's on for the summer and would like to go back to my stock 16's for the winter. What are your suggestions?

You most likely won't have any problems. Just think, all the little cars get around ;)

IAmTodd said:
You most likely won't have any problems. Just think, all the little cars get around ;)

^^^^^^^^ What he said.

I have ground force springs on my X. I drove up to Mt. Hood to go snowboarding and didn't have any trouble in the snow. I mean, they plow the roads for cars to drive on. Even lowered, the X has as much or more ground clearance than the average car.

That's one of the reasons I got an Explorer. Since I have a ridiculously built Jeep, the only thing I need 4WD for on my Explorer is snow-driving.

In addition, my sister drove my Explorer from New York to Washington state, over mountain passes and through snow storms, hitting a couple Utah ski areas on the way home. The stock 16's did fine with the ground force springs through all that.

Back