Grow a tree in your dash by driving "green?" | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Grow a tree in your dash by driving "green?"

Turdle

DIY stunt double
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Humboldt, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Mounty

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I never could keep a tree alive :) LOL

Great... Now we'll have a million tree huggers trying their best to keep their trees green. Maybe they should be forced to stay in the right lane.

I like this idea. Everyone loves a game. It still amazes me how some people drive. I get in the car with people who accelerate towards red lights, brake hard, etc., for no reason at all. This might clue these people in on how to drive more efficiently and smarter.

might cause a ton of accidents as people might spend too much time watching the pretty lights , instead of traffic.
Seems on one of the network shows they are pushing for GPS removals, and possible bans , as they distract simple minded drivers trying to input info on the touchscreens as they drive,
could this be the next cell hands free ban ??
where i live , get caught with a cellphone in hand, big ticket, price of said ticket at the discretion of the officer,,

just goes to show, any distraction could be too much for some drivers,,

the act of driving itself is to much for most drivers out there

having driven hybrids fairly regularly during my dealer days it can be fun to play with the mpg displays in those things and see how long you cam keep going under full electric power, so this definately has its pluses. to be honest most hybrid drivers still seem to drive like retards (ooh, dreaded "r" word) and then come into the dealer goind why dont i get a bajilion miles per gallon? the basic concept is lost on most, maby rubbing it in their face can help

either way im with rick, do whatever you want, just stay the heck out of my left lane

Great... Now we'll have a million tree huggers trying their best to keep their trees green. Maybe they should be forced to stay in the right lane.

That would be wonderful. Unfortunately, people driving "normal" cars way too slow already don't understand the concept of "slower traffic keep left". I'm really not sure if they are truly clueless to the mess they create (ie; traffic), or if they are intentionally trying to slow everyone down? Either way, if I had the money to buy my way out of it (not pay for the damage, just be able to threaten them with an army of powerful lawyers and "connections" if they tried to report it), I'd run a few off the road in the hope that the message would spread to the rest.

Drive as slow as you like, just don't hold anybody else up. If it is safe to do so, you should ALWAYS yield to faster/passing vehicles. Period. Yes, I do practice what I preach. On the rare occassion that I'm the one going slower than others (looking for an address, car problems, not feeling good, etc...), then I will check my rearview mirror frequently (something everyone should do anyway), and immediately (as soon as it's safe) change lanes or pull off the road to allow others to pass.

My $.02 ( or was that more like a buck-fifty?):D

Ironically, as the tree stays green, the world's smug levels hit astronomical heights.

south-park-smug-313.gif

Back