Had Fun Today - Truxxx Lift Up Front and Tire Mock Up | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Had Fun Today - Truxxx Lift Up Front and Tire Mock Up

scud

Reaction score
City, State
Orange County, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Sport Trac
Put the Truxxx/Traxda spacers on the front today...haven't done the back yet. I might just leave it as is because I like the stance, not sure how I'll feel if I lift the tail back up. Then I cut some cardboard to see what 31.5" tires would look like...just felt like sharing. Cheers!

100513124155_zps28772e87.jpg

100613101505_zpse0ff318f.jpg

100613104646_zps6b27d198.jpg

100613104742_zpsb195e997.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice I want to add the kit as well. please Post or e-mail me the size of rims and tires you put on. Please let me know the wheel offset.

I am having issues on finding the right combo for me.

Nice I want to add the kit as well. please Post or e-mail me the size of rims and tires you put on. Please let me know the wheel offset.

I am having issues on finding the right combo for me.

the rims I have to install are 17x9 with a -12 offset. I'm deciding between 265/70/17 and 265/65/17 for the tires.

I will post back here when I get them installed. should be within two weeks or so...

Looking forward to seeing this. :thumbsup:
The cardboard cut-out gave me chuckle. (I would have done the same thing.):D
Did you do the rear?

Not sure if you've seen this thread or not. You'll like it.
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=375287&highlight=guy+showing

yeah, I thought the cardboard was pretty funny myself haha. It gave me an idea, although the size is a little larger than what it would actually be, because I didn't account for wheel sag from the weight of the truck. I prefer the look of a filled-up fender well.

I haven't done the rear yet. Not sure if I will, but I'm hanging on to the blocks just in case. My previous truck was slightly higher in the front and I seem to like that look, so that's probably what I'll go for...

yeah, I've seen that thread, it was one of the first I read through and the one that made me feel comfortable about my wheel choice and tire size :) :thumbsup:

can't wait for the tires to get mounted...exhaust too for that matter. I'm hoping the free flowing exhaust will help to combat the mpg lost with bigger tires...so we'll see...

Be careful with that offset. The min offset without messing up the geometry of the front end is 24mm, not sure if the lift will change that but you may screw up your handling with those.

Be careful with that offset. The min offset without messing up the geometry of the front end is 24mm, not sure if the lift will change that but you may screw up your handling with those.

no doubt the handling will change, that's guaranteed with that offset. it seems like there is a lot of conflicting info about offset out there. I figured I'd just go for it.

this post has negative offset all over it...and people seem to reference this all the time as having functioning tire/wheel/backspacing/offset combos: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153350. I started thinking about it too, and most all off-road wheels are either 0 or - offset...and almost everyone with a lifted truck run those...

I guess ball joints and tie rods seem to be the concern when running neg offset...but I'm no suspension guru :)

rims and tires are on! wanted to post back to show the pics...

101913120908_zps6372af78.jpg

101913095001_zpsb0ae972b.jpg

101913094941_zpseee64f56.jpg

rims and tires are on! wanted to post back to show the pics...

101913120908_zps6372af78.jpg

101913095001_zpsb0ae972b.jpg

101913094941_zpseee64f56.jpg

i was wondering if installing the truxxx lift kit is a hassle?
did you have any drawbacks after getting the lift and driving it around?
does it handle good?

it's honestly not a hassle if you're comfortable with taking your suspension apart. the instructions are fairly self explanatory. really, you just need to judge your skill set.

I only installed the blocks on the front...after that and the tires, I prefer the handling now. there is less roll in the turns. I didn't notice any difference in the ride quality. I would recommend it.

it's honestly not a hassle if you're comfortable with taking your suspension apart. the instructions are fairly self explanatory. really, you just need to judge your skill set.

I only installed the blocks on the front...after that and the tires, I prefer the handling now. there is less roll in the turns. I didn't notice any difference in the ride quality. I would recommend it.

did you have to change your upper ball joints recently?
any problems with upper control arms after the lift?

nope, no change in the upper ball joint. the angle on the UCA is supposedly the most you can go. some people upgrade the UCA, but many people don't and don't see a need for it. YMMV!

nope, no change in the upper ball joint. the angle on the UCA is supposedly the most you can go. some people upgrade the UCA, but many people don't and don't see a need for it. YMMV!

alright thank you
ive noticed your sport trac did not come with the fog lights, then you posted pics with it with the fog lights
did you get them from the dealer?

no, I bought some china made fogs off ebay. they came with a wiring harness, so install was fairly straight forward. I didn't like the switch it came with, so I upgraded that. the hardest part was running the wiring into the cab to the toggle switch. I also mounted the switch at the driver kick panel...pretty clean. let me know if you want pics

Looks great!

What's the part number for the lift kit??

no, I bought some china made fogs off ebay. they came with a wiring harness, so install was fairly straight forward. I didn't like the switch it came with, so I upgraded that. the hardest part was running the wiring into the cab to the toggle switch. I also mounted the switch at the driver kick panel...pretty clean. let me know if you want pics

yes, sorry its late, but can you post pics please?

no worries...here are some pics. the install is basically complete, but I do need to clean up the wiring some in the engine bay.

engine bay wiring
SAM_0727_zps0692f1d6.jpg

SAM_0726_zps362f0ac9.jpg

SAM_0721_zps2b7e955f.jpg

SAM_0722_zps5d587353.jpg

switch
SAM_0723_zpsc5cdc443.jpg

SAM_0724_zpsa5b1ba85.jpg

SAM_0720_zpsdf7e85c3.jpg

SAM_0719_zpsbeb58633.jpg

no worries...here are some pics. the install is basically complete, but I do need to clean up the wiring some in the engine bay.

engine bay wiring
SAM_0727_zps0692f1d6.jpg

SAM_0726_zps362f0ac9.jpg

SAM_0721_zps2b7e955f.jpg

SAM_0722_zps5d587353.jpg

switch
SAM_0723_zpsc5cdc443.jpg

SAM_0724_zpsa5b1ba85.jpg

SAM_0720_zpsdf7e85c3.jpg

SAM_0719_zpsbeb58633.jpg

those look pretty nice and i love where you put the switch.
although i have a few more questions:

-why did you put the adrenalin fog lights on?
-which wires did you tap into?
-i see plugs, where did you disconnect them from or i need an overall review please?
-also, i love you sport trac, can you post more pics?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

those look pretty nice and i love where you put the switch.
although i have a few more questions:

-why did you put the adrenalin fog lights on?
-which wires did you tap into?
-i see plugs, where did you disconnect them from or i need an overall review please?
-also, i love you sport trac, can you post more pics?

adrenalin lights = I come from an import tuner background, so I have a love for amber lights. nowadays, a lot of people seem to be focused on clear lights, which I like as well, but I think the contrast that the amber gives really sets off the front end. it's all preference, there is no functional reason why I chose the amber over the clear.

wiring = I didn't tap into any wires. power is drawn directly from the battery and a relay is used to control the system. it's a simple 3 wire fog light wiring diagram. they are all over the internet. the lights are only turned on and off by the toggle switch...I decided not to wire them into the headlight circuit.

plugs? I'm not sure what plugs you're talking about here. you'll have to explain better so I know what you're talking about.

I can post some more pics too. I'll try to put some up this weekend.

Back