• Register Today It's free!

Half of my dash is dim.. why?

Quick

Reaction score
City, State
IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Sport
Well I installed my lumi logo today and it works great. Weird problem and I don't think and don't know if they are related.

The left side of my dash is dim. The right side is bright as usual but the left side is dim.

Does it have to do with the wiring? I don't think so. All I did was wire the "hot" wire into the red rear wiper wire that is hot when the car is on, and grounded it on the green post.

Anyone have any idea or experienced this? I'm hoping it is just a burnt out bulb and I get to spend hours on end fixing it! ;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sounds like you have a burned out bulb.

Hey hey hey! Another project at our March 4th get together?

Like Mike said, sounds like a burned out light.

I just replaced all of my dash lights, cause 3 of the 6 were burnt out. I'm thinking that's your trouble too.

Bulbs

I would have to agree with the bulb theory sometimes you can have one or two burnt out and not notice then the right one goes and it looks horrible!Good luck!

I wish Eric, but I don't think I'll make it unless you guys stay later than like 3-4. I have to go to my gf's big dance thing..

Back