Has anyone tried the Car Navi Player head unit/dash kit? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Has anyone tried the Car Navi Player head unit/dash kit?

bellacorchis

Reaction score
City, State
Solana Beach, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 FPIU 3.7L
Hello,
I've been stalking these forums for quite a bit, but am just now posting my first question...
Has anyone installed the Car Navi Player head unit/dash kit on their FPIU? I have a 2015 and it is supposed to be plug and play, but I am curious how long it took anyone and how good the product is. I am currently rocking that 2"x4" base screen 🙃
I would be adding the apple carplay option as well as the OBD II.
Thanks in advance!
Bella :)

fd5640db87c7d397fd9721005bdf061f.image.456x304.jpg

RN-8.png

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did you order it?

Sucks when the OP ghosts 😩

hello!! i was getting emails that there were comments on here but nothing would show up until now 😩

yes, i ordered it. it has been installed for about a month. it looks amazing, i have just been having problems with the bottom button portion not working. the volume works but nothing else meaning i have to control my a/c through an app on the screen (not too big of a deal).

i have exchanged 60+ emails with the company and they are trying everything they can to get it fixed. i have tried every option they have sent me (i told them to throw every idea at me so that if we found a fix, they could recommend it in the future as they say they’ve never had this problem). honestly their customer support is incredible but we have finally just decided to try a new wiring harness to see if that was buggy.

they are so apologetic and have offered me a refund if i send it back countless times, so i truly do believe this isn’t a common problem. they are very appreciative of me trying to troubleshoot it every way.

sorry, i know this is rushed and brief but hopefully i will have time to actually explain the functionality and possibly upload a video or something tomorrow.

thanks!
bella :)

Well Dang it looks great. I also really like that it has hardware buttons unlike the tesla style screens. That is a really high level of customer service.

Thanks for the response and pics btw!

Looks like you already had Sync 2 in the vehicle bc of the bluetooth option like I have.

Since we both have sync it may be a more reliable option to but a sync 3 system out of a 2015+. Cheaper too.

What do you think you will do at this point?

Well Dang it looks great. I also really like that it has hardware buttons unlike the tesla style screens. That is a really high level of customer service.

I could be mistaken, but those don't appear to be actual buttons. They look more like the capacitive touch ones.
Peter

Thanks for the response and pics btw!

Looks like you already had Sync 2 in the vehicle bc of the bluetooth option like I have.

Since we both have sync it may be a more reliable option to but a sync 3 system out of a 2015+. Cheaper too.

What do you think you will do at this point?
yep, i have sync. honestly i didn’t care about the screen size so much as getting rid of all of the factory buttons. there were just so many and i couldn’t stand the look/functionality of those stock buttons. i wanted to try something new, so that’s why i opted for this system.

i’m gonna stick with this. i really don’t mind using the ac app to control and i love the system.

For the very limited number of these, and their low cost, I’d expect reliability to be a little spotty. With audio gear you typically get what you pay for.

Well, I don’t have sync and i have manual ac. I was looking at this option and they said it would work in mine. I have a 17 FPIU. The lower AC controls stopped responding seems to be a common deal with this style. There is a guy that did some videos in his FPIS “Ford Taurus” he didn’t have sync and his buttons stopped. It’s funny they claim he was first one also. Did you ever figure out everything I’ve been just wanting a sure fire plan before I pull the trigger. Unfortunately I need my ac to function properly this is Florida and today got to 104F.

Well, I don’t have sync and i have manual ac. I was looking at this option and they said it would work in mine. I have a 17 FPIU. The lower AC controls stopped responding seems to be a common deal with this style. There is a guy that did some videos in his FPIS “Ford Taurus” he didn’t have sync and his buttons stopped. It’s funny they claim he was first one also. Did you ever figure out everything I’ve been just wanting a sure fire plan before I pull the trigger. Unfortunately I need my ac to function properly this is Florida and today got to 104F.
If your question was addressed to the thread starter, he hasn't been seen here since September 27, 2021. Just FYI.

Peter

If your question was addressed to the thread starter, he hasn't been seen here since September 27, 2021. Just FYI.

Peter
It could be for any one that has installed this. I looked before and never saw this thread.

Back