Has spark but still no run

ProjectAviator

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
SE, WY
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT,
My 95 Ex is still not running I checked for spark, that is good I am getting fuel at the outlet of the fuel filter but still no run turns over but won't run. I am wondering if it is the computer that took a crap? It happened on the way to Moab for the annual run. The wife was driving and it just died. no CEL or nothing. Any ideas

Tim

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

sorry but I don't have a gauge to check.

Tim

Jon, I tried starting fluid and it ran but seemed to run up to rev limit and wouldn't come down and seemed to run longer than a blast of ether would let it. Not I am puzzled. I do have another fuel pump I may try and see if it helps. Don't know if it is the one I swapped out because it kept shutting down when hot or another one I got. But will try it

Tim

At first I did but the second time it was connected, it did the same thing.

Tim

Hmmm
Try starting it with the maf sesnor disconnected-unplugged.

im wondering about the throttle position sensor also--you might check it.

Just tried the other fuel pump with no luck. I am getting fuel at the shrader valve but nothing at the return out of the regulator.

Tim

I just tried unplugging the TPS I think I got it now. It runs but won't idle. I oulled the TPS off , I sprayed it with WD-40 and put it back on. it runs like normal. I will replace the TPS tomorrow. I know have an access hole for my fuel pump.

Tim

It is running great now I took it for a run today no problems at all.

Tim

Back