• Register Today It's free!

have no idea what is wrong

r.smith

Reaction score
City, State
Meadville
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer XLT 4x4
went to start my truck this morn and it was dead. would not turn over. no electrical working. it had been sitting up over the wkend. tried jumping off and nothing. I took the battery out and charged fully. when I placed the pos cable on the post, the horn starting blowing, wipers came on, park lights came on, washer came on, starter Bendix would not engage, only spin. no radio or windows working. none of these were turned on in the cab. would stop only by taking cable off of post.
I have never seen anything like this happen. any ideas?
Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

First thing that comes to mind is someone was messing around with it, or try to steal it. I have 97' and sometimes it sits for a solid week without movving, and wiwth a good battery no problems. Several times the battery was dead after weeks with no use but never had wierd problems, a charge on the battery was all that was needed to get going.

I'd check the battery voltage after this event and wonder if the GEM had a massive failure.

Probably fixed by now, jiggle the gear shift level.

Back