Have to know..... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Have to know.....

RSR

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer Limited
Howdy,
I own the 2011 Explorer Limited and love it. Really love it. This is my latest new Ford which Brand I have been driving exclusively since 1987.

About two weeks ago my MFT screen went black and stayed that way. I brought the Explorer to my very good dealer and after a day of working on my new Explorer they said they have to order a new APIM Module which they did. I drove the Explorer with very limited controls in the meanwhile. A week later the Dealer called to say the APIM Module was in, I went to the dealer and they installed it.

All Excellent except one problem, no matter what I do, either a phone call or any voice command, after it is finished the RADIO comes on on the last AM or FM station I was tuned to even though the radio was NOT ON prior to the phone call or command.

Is it normal that after I make a phone call or any SYNC Command, finish the command or "end call", that the radio comes on? Remember, it was not on prior to the call or command.
I feel the answer is No Way! This didn't happen before the APIM Module was changed. Is it possible that other new cars on the lot were tested and that they do the same thing? I simply don't accept that.

Please be kind enough to clarify this situation regarding your own 2011 Explorers.
Many thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That's not normal as far as I know. I haven't seen that behavior out of my MFT unit.

That's not normal as far as I know. I haven't seen that behavior out of my MFT unit.
Thanks, any more owners wish to comment?
Please tell me this is not normal.

Howdy,
I own the 2011 Explorer Limited and love it. Really love it. This is my latest new Ford which Brand I have been driving exclusively since 1987.

About two weeks ago my MFT screen went black and stayed that way. I brought the Explorer to my very good dealer and after a day of working on my new Explorer they said they have to order a new APIM Module which they did. I drove the Explorer with very limited controls in the meanwhile. A week later the Dealer called to say the APIM Module was in, I went to the dealer and they installed it.

All Excellent except one problem, no matter what I do, either a phone call or any voice command, after it is finished the RADIO comes on on the last AM or FM station I was tuned to even though the radio was NOT ON prior to the phone call or command.

Is it normal that after I make a phone call or any SYNC Command, finish the command or "end call", that the radio comes on? Remember, it was not on prior to the call or command.
I feel the answer is No Way! This didn't happen before the APIM Module was changed. Is it possible that other new cars on the lot were tested and that they do the same thing? I simply don't accept that.

Please be kind enough to clarify this situation regarding your own 2011 Explorers.
Many thanks!

Use the voice commands to make phone calls at least twice a day, it always goes back to the source it was on prior to my call. The only time it goes to am/fm is if I'm on usb as the source, and I remove the usb (ipod) from the slot.

I did see a post on the Facebook page about something similar a while back, try querying there...

OK It's not normal. Problem is mentioned at http://boards.synccommunity.com
I'm comfortable that my dealer who is aware of this issue will receive the info needed from Ford to fix this problem. Thanks for your support.

Thanks, any more owners wish to comment?
Please tell me this is not normal.
This likely is not related to your problem but twice now over the last month I've started the Ex and the radio begins playing from my USB stick. Both times the radio was on a Sirius channel when I turned the vehicle off.

it's alive!!!!!!

Shhhh. Skynet became self-aware two nights ago. :p:

I've had wacky things with my MFT in the past few days. Among them, it seems as though when it's in doubt, it goes to radio.

Shhhh. Skynet became self-aware two nights ago. :p:

I've had wacky things with my MFT in the past few days. Among them, it seems as though when it's in doubt, it goes to radio.

Actually it was the 11th.

Jack

Back