• Register Today It's free!

Having issues

Sphinx

Reaction score
City, State
Mojave, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT 4x4
Ok, my check engine light comes on intermittently. May never see it one day, then be on all day the next and so on. Scanned the ecc and code 214 came up. CID cylinder identification problem. Everyone I spoke to is pointing the finger to the Camshaft position sensor without even looking at the truck. I looked at the wire harness and all connections seem fine and found no frayed or damaged wiring. Also did the same with the crankshaft position sensor. I dont think it is either of them, They either work or don't. I believe if the cam sensor was broken the light would be on permanently not intermittently? And if the crank trigger was broken the engine would not start? Anyone know what else would through a cm214 code? I don't think it would be the MAF because the MAF doesn't identify each cylinder. Also the engine seems to run fine, except when for a split second when hitting the gas from a dead stop the engine bogs for a like a half second then takes off as if I stomped on the pedal, but doesnt happen every time I stop, only if at a light for a while, feels like the engine is flooding when hitting the gas then gets a blast of power. Any input would be great!!!

anyone?

?

anyone?

Back