• Register Today It's free!

head unit and radio help

nnnick

Reaction score
City, State
Sandusky, Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 Sport (Expedition)
hey i have a 95 X with Premium (JBL) sound. I took my subs out, but ever since my Clarion headunit was installed the radio never worked. The guy who hooked it up for me said he would hook it up later (but never did). On my X the Antenna is power and only goes up when being used. Well anyway now im trying to get the Antenna to go up and the radio to work agian. The way this guy wired my system was he bypassed the factory amps by running speaker wire to the amp and back (not exactly sure what he did). What do you guys reccommend i do? I could take it into a shop and get charged and an arm and a leg, but I think its much more fun to do it on my own. I have a pretty good knowlege of stereo wiring and i love using crimpers. Any ideas? I think i have to use what formally connected to the remote wire and hook that up to the antenna some how? Should i just by a premium sound bypass harness and try to compeltely rewire the cd player? thanks

im not sure what clarion hu you have but more than likely it has a wire for remote and a seperate wire for a power antenna since the remote wire is hot whenever you turn on the hu, you wouldn't want the antenna to go up while playing a cd. that is my experience but you only find this on better hu's. BTW most hu's have the wire function printed right on the wire. try looking at the wires it may be blue w a white stripe. if not try the all blue one

i think bmxboy has a switch that he wired so he could raise and lower the power antenna. it consisted of two switches, not sure how he wired it exactly.. but i thinkif u do a search, ull find something

Back